What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1
Author Message
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

What are the differences?

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:17:11 GMT
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

Quote:

> What are the differences?

Is that Enterprise PL/I or one of the earlier releases of PL/I ?

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:49:09 GMT
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1
IIRC, The DEC compiler is an enhanced Subset G compiler. All three of the
OS/390 compilers are full language compilers.

Quote:
> What are the differences?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 14:19:23 GMT
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1
Kednos has the manuals for VAX PL/I online.  FTP from thor.kednos.com or
freja,kednos.com.  I dpn't have the URL handy, but poke around and
you'll find them.
Quote:

> IIRC, The DEC compiler is an enhanced Subset G compiler. All three of the
> OS/390 compilers are full language compilers.

> > What are the differences?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 18:41:52 GMT
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1
Quote:

> IIRC, The DEC compiler is an enhanced Subset G compiler. All three of the
> OS/390 compilers are full language compilers.

> > What are the differences?

What can't I do with a DEC PL/I compiler that OS/390 compilers can?

Sat, 05 Mar 2005 21:25:48 GMT
 What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1
This is just an educated guess:

1) Controlled storage class
2) cross section of array, support

Thats my guess, I aint seen VAX PL/I but do have reason to belive that it is heavily based upon the Multics PL/I
compiler.

Hugh

Quote:

>> IIRC, The DEC compiler is an enhanced Subset G compiler. All three of the
>> OS/390 compilers are full language compilers.

>> > What are the differences?
>What can't I do with a DEC PL/I compiler that OS/390 compilers can?

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 07:14:38 GMT

1. VisualAge PL/I for OS/390 and PL/I 2.3

2. DYNALLOC in OS/390 PL/I

3. OS/390 2.10 VA PL/I IVP COND CODE 0218

4. calling XML-parser from PL/1 on OS/390

5. Performance and resource issues with VisualAge PL/I for OS/390

6. Performance and resource issues with VisualAge PL/I for OS/390

7. PL/I style (was: default variable initialization under os/390 v2r8)

8. Current APAR of VA PL/I for OS/390

9. VA PL/I for OS/390: DLL questions

10. OS/390 PL/I Programmers

11. Visual Age PL/I for OS/390

12. VA PL/I for OS/390 - Free Manuals in PDF Format