IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version
Author Message
 IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version

IBM announced yesterday a new compiler version of PL/I. Its name is not VA
anymore, they call it IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 V3R1 now.

The short version of this announcement (with a direct link to the long version)
is here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

The long version is here:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Most important in my eyes: Chapter 'Improved Compatibility' of the long version
which describes the Interlanguage Communication with the older versions of PL/I.

With kind regards
Daniel Jacot
visit us at: http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 17 May 2004 18:04:06 GMT
 IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version
Quote:

> IBM announced yesterday a new compiler version of PL/I. Its name is not VA
> anymore, they call it IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 V3R1 now.

                                       ~~~~~
I think that you mean "PL/I".
Quote:
> The short version of this announcement (with a direct link to the long version)
> is here:
> http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/emealets&parms=H_ERIFZP010451

> The long version is here:
> http://www2.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=2C6B6tCNA54DNp1EMenGnN9...

> Most important in my eyes: Chapter 'Improved Compatibility' of the long version
> which describes the Interlanguage Communication with the older versions of PL/I.

> With kind regards
> Daniel Jacot

Mon, 17 May 2004 21:23:34 GMT
 IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:23:34 GMT, in article

Quote:

>> IBM announced yesterday a new compiler version of PL/I. Its name is not VA
>> anymore, they call it IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 V3R1 now.
>                                       ~~~~~
>I think that you mean "PL/I".

So sorry. Sure I mean PL/I. Cut and paste sometimes work faster than the brain
does.

Quote:

>> The short version of this announcement (with a direct link to the long version)
>> is here:
>> http://www.ibmlink.ibm.com/emealets&parms=H_ERIFZP010451

>> The long version is here:
>> http://www2.ibmlink.ibm.com/cgi-bin/master?xh=2C6B6tCNA54DNp1EMenGnN9...

>> Most important in my eyes: Chapter 'Improved Compatibility' of the long version
>> which describes the Interlanguage Communication with the older versions of PL/I.

>> With kind regards
>> Daniel Jacot

With kind regards
Daniel Jacot
visit us at: http://www.winterthur.com

Tue, 18 May 2004 00:16:26 GMT
 IBM announces a new PL/I compiler version
Does it have Peter Elderon's object-oriented extensions?  Supported?
Paul Magnussen

Magicon Inc.
Making software simpler

Fri, 21 May 2004 01:14:15 GMT

1. PL/I - new IBM compiler for MVS ...

2. PL/I (was: IBM Needs to seed the PL/I Compiler)

3. New PL/I Compiler announced today

4. IBM: Announces new OS/390 (and VM) compiler

5. IBM announces new release of z/OS (OS/390) compiler

6. IBM PC Versions of PL/I

7. Announcing: new version of TASH and new website

8. Current IBM PL/I compilers

9. IBM Needs to seed the PL/I Compiler

10. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

11. Compiling DR PL/I code with IBM Personal PL/I

12. IBM announces new release of Enterprise COBOL