COBOL calls to PL/I moduls (more especifications)
Author Message
 COBOL calls to PL/I moduls (more especifications)

 Sorry yesterday i've forgotten to say that in our installation LE370
isn't implemented yet. I know that in LE370 environment interlanguage
comunication is not a problem and is transparent to developers but
in my conditions is possible to call PL/I routines (V3R2M0) from COBOL
moduls (V1R3M2) ?
                                                     Thanks

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 COBOL calls to PL/I moduls (more especifications)

Quote:

>  Sorry yesterday i've forgotten to say that in our installation LE370
> isn't implemented yet. I know that in LE370 environment interlanguage
> comunication is not a problem and is transparent to developers but
> in my conditions is possible to call PL/I routines (V3R2M0) from COBOL
> moduls (V1R3M2) ?
>                                                      Thanks

Yes it is possible, you have to tell PL/1 that the routine is to be
called from COBOL. Full details are in the PL/1 V2M3 Programming Guide
but it looks like this

   P3: PROC(X,Y) OPTIONS(COBOL NOMAPIN(X)
       NOMAPOUT(Y));
            DCL 1 X,  2...2...3...,
                1 Y,  2...2...3...;

NOMAPIN/NOMAPOUT/NOMAP tell the complier that you don't need parameters
to be converted between COBOL and PL/1 formats on calling or return or
both. The default is to do the conversion both ways.

Ray

Sun, 11 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. COBOL calls to PL/I moduls (more especifications)

2. COBOL calls to PL/I

3. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

4. Calling COBOL From PL/1

5. COBOL calls to PL/I

6. Trying to dynamically call Cobol subroutine from PL/I.

7. Cobol calling Pl/1 program

8. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

9. Calling COBOL From PL/1

10. Calling PL/I from COBOL/MVS

11. Calling PL/I procedures from COBOL?

12. COBOL calls to PL/I