Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
Author Message
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages

Webmaster jumped to the conclusion I was identifying him as the hidden
moderator of this newsgroup.  But I didnt mean to implicate him at all.
Its time to call a spade a spade,  and this message's subject line does just
that..

As someone recently posted "comp.lang.pl1  is not moderated " So how did he
get this power to delete topics? I am absolutely convinced he has done it
several times this year and previous messages where I implicate him have
drawn NO  response..

What action shud be taken?  I think as a minimum this newsgroup's charter
should be modified to indicate that a moderator is monitoring the newsgroup.
But if he has illegally obtained this power isnt this grounds for his
permanent disbarment from participating in this newsgroup?

Of course he can publicly deny having this power himself or causing a 3rd
party to obey his deletion commands...  Any bets how he responds to my
charges,  denies, admits, ignores ?    We're waiting.........

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:03:48 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages

Quote:
>....I am absolutely convinced he has done it
> several times this year and previous messages where I implicate him have
> drawn NO  response..

Maybe because he doesn't rise to all of your baits (most of them , sure).

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 18:38:45 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages

Quote:

> Webmaster jumped to the conclusion I was identifying him as the hidden
> moderator of this newsgroup.  But I didnt mean to implicate him at all.
> Its time to call a spade a spade,  and this message's subject line does just
> that..

> As someone recently posted "comp.lang.pl1  is not moderated " So how did he
> get this power to delete topics? I am absolutely convinced he has done it
> several times this year and previous messages where I implicate him have
> drawn NO  response..

> What action shud be taken?  I think as a minimum this newsgroup's charter
> should be modified to indicate that a moderator is monitoring the newsgroup.
> But if he has illegally obtained this power isnt this grounds for his
> permanent disbarment from participating in this newsgroup?

What evidence do you offer that he is deleting your messages? And please
don't post the cancel messages, CancelMoose(tm) showed us years ago that
USENET headers can be forged as easily as e-mail headers...

I post messages to USENET that appear, disappear, reappear, with no
ryhme or reason. Most likey, just lowsy systems administration on
someone's part.

Actually, don't messages disapper more quickly when no one reads them?

;)

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:14:00 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
Quote:
>Actually, don't messages disapper more quickly when no one reads them?

If no-one reads them, did  they ever exist?

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 19:18:24 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
Looks like you have jumped somplace as well.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:03:48 GMT, "David Frank"

Quote:

>Webmaster jumped to the conclusion I was identifying him as the hidden
>moderator of this newsgroup.  But I didnt mean to implicate him at all.

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:25:42 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
If this "charter" is to be modified and "permametlly disbar" anyone,
It should be for posting stuped messages about other programming
langs.

IF we wanted to read about fortran, then we could suscribe to
comp.lang.fortran. And in THAT group people could say how great
fortran is.

What mister frank is doing is NO DIFFERENT than going in to a group
hosted by Jewish people and saying the natzi where right. The
emotional outrange of course would be higher, but it in realyaty is no
different.

ANY programming lang can be used to do anything. I'm sure that PL/I
can do ANYTHING fortran can do, Fortran can do ANYTHING PL/I can do.
We could talk about how to do this or that in perl, or APL or REXX or
what every, EXCEPT this is a PL/I newsgroup.

The little "How to do this in PL/I"  excersizes are stimulating to the
group, and usualy show how much easyer PL/I is, but the tone is
disturbing.

Mr. Frank,
from what I can see you messages all get to MY copy of the news group.
I would ask that you respect the group and "play nice". If I was
messaging in to the fortran group I would respect that groups opinion.

We are here because we LIKE PL./I, or perhaps we are forced to use it.
Mr. Frank this las bit from you makes you LOOK like your going off the
deep end. If you want us to respect you, you must earn our respect,
and right now I think you are acting kinda weard. Chill out man. It's
ONLY a programming syntax.

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 10:03:48 GMT, "David Frank"

Quote:

>Webmaster jumped to the conclusion I was identifying him as the hidden
>moderator of this newsgroup.  But I didnt mean to implicate him at all.
>Its time to call a spade a spade,  and this message's subject line does just
>that..

>As someone recently posted "comp.lang.pl1  is not moderated " So how did he
>get this power to delete topics? I am absolutely convinced he has done it
>several times this year and previous messages where I implicate him have
>drawn NO  response..

>What action shud be taken?  I think as a minimum this newsgroup's charter
>should be modified to indicate that a moderator is monitoring the newsgroup.
>But if he has illegally obtained this power isnt this grounds for his
>permanent disbarment from participating in this newsgroup?

>Of course he can publicly deny having this power himself or causing a 3rd
>party to obey his deletion commands...  Any bets how he responds to my
>charges,  denies, admits, ignores ?    We're waiting.........

Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:49:43 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages

<snip> ha, ha,  thanks for the laff.

Since it obviously hasnt occurred to you (and others expressing their
unhappiness by calling me names,  idiot, etc), there is a simple solution
for the heartburn some of you get reading one of topics,   DONT READ THEM !!

After a week or so with no responses from anyone, usenet will just drop my
topic off the end of the world, and you dont even have to ignore it, its
gone.  But if those with no heartburn respond, then all points you tried to
make are pointless, as they obviously derive some benefit and/or
satisfaction from participation...

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:02:38 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
in comp.lang.pl1 i read:

Quote:
>I post messages to USENET that appear, disappear, reappear, with no
>ryhme or reason. Most likey, just lowsy systems administration on
>someone's part.

and roadrunner isn't known for well run news servers.

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 00:06:59 GMT
 Robin Vowels deletes my topics/ messages
in comp.lang.pl1 i read:

Quote:
>What mister frank is doing is NO DIFFERENT than [...]

yes, yes, he's a troll.  please don't feed him.

Quote:
>ANY programming lang can be used to do anything.

so long as they are turing complete, yes.

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 06:06:29 GMT

1. Robin Vowels mis-posts his messages

2. Robin Vowels mis-posts his messages

3. Is Robin Vowels using illegal software?

4. Off topic message (is it?)

5. Multiple Topics - One message -- CA-World discussed too!

6. APL-J discussions [reply to a deleted message]

7. Test message, will delete shortly

8. if at all possible, PLEASE DELETE the above message - got here by accident (>800K)

9. Alternative Delete message

10. avoid delete message

11. To all: Possible solution to deleted messages

12. Deleted messages