    want to print 'N'   the ascii of 4E...

Any ideas??

Bill

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:13:19 GMT
 Conversion problems
How about?

Dcl hh Char(2);

Unspec(hh) = '4E'B4;

Quote:

> I want the following :
>  dcl hh char(2);
>    hh='4E';
>     want to print 'N'   the ascii of 4E...

> Any ideas??

> Bill

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 13:03:28 GMT
 Conversion problems
Nope:

  The ascii is in hh,  that's what I want to convert..

Quote:

> How about?

> Dcl hh Char(2);

> Unspec(hh) = '4E'B4;

> > I want the following :
> >  dcl hh char(2);
> >    hh='4E';
> >     want to print 'N'   the ascii of 4E...

> > Any ideas??

> > Bill

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion problems

Quote:

>  dcl hh char(2);
>    hh='4E';
>     want to print 'N'   the ascii of 4E...

> Any ideas??

DCL HH CHAR (1) INITIAL ('4E'X);

PUT EDIT (HH) (A(1));

Quote:

> Bill

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion problems
Platform? Compiler?

If it's just the assignment that's bothering you, use an X constant ('4E'X).
If you're on NT plus VA PL/I, you can use the byte, hex and rank BIFs.
If you're on MVS plus VA PL/I, you'll need pliascii and pliebcdic too, as
you want an ASCII value, but MVS is EBCDIC.
If you're using an older compiler, you may need to use the UNSPEC
pseudo-function.

[Next time, please state your preconditions and the actual problem you're
trying to resolve]

--
Regards, Mark Yudkin, Yudkin Consulting AG, Authors of Cogent/SQL for MVS,
OS/2 and Windows NT/2000.

Quote:

> I want the following :
>  dcl hh char(2);
>    hh='4E';
>     want to print 'N'   the ascii of 4E...

> Any ideas??

> Bill

Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:19:53 GMT

1. apl*plus to IBM/apl2 conversion problem

2. SQLBigInt conversion problems

3. the old conversion problem

4. Field Conversion Problem

5. File conversion problems...

6. conversion problems

7. C5 Conversion Problem

8. HELP - 2003 > C5a ABC Conversion problem

9. File Conversion Problems

10. More conversion problems

11. Conversion problems

12. File Conversion Problem - Please Help