INITFILL option
Author Message
 INITFILL option

The PL/I for OS/2 compiler provides the INITFILL compiler
option that enables variables to be initialized at procedure entry
time.

   You can use it to make a noise when an unitialized variable is
used --

   Specify %PROCESS DEFAULT(INITFILL('BB'));

and this value will be propagated to uninitialized variables
at procedure entry.

   The value chosen ('BB'x) sets decimal values to invalid digits --
hence an interrupt when the variable is used.

   The value produces silly (negative) values for binary integers,
likewise for floating-point variables.

   For Bit strings, the value is nonsense; BIT(1) strings
are set to '1'B (the least signficant bit of 'BB'x).

   Character strings are set to silly characters.

Sun, 02 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting options box options at runtime

2. LE run time options / COBOL for MVS compiler options / LINKAGE editor

3. Geting list of alowed options of option command

4. Visual option - where can I find the options?

5. Corresponding g77 options for ifort options

6. Specifying underline option implicitly in text option

7. -textvariable option for iwidgets::timefield and -gmt option

8. What options accept different distance options

9. Options on options

10. Tkinter widgets: Write options *and* option tags dynamically from dictionary?

11. Assembler Option to List ALL DC data?

12. Tx. - Sr. IMS Product Developer (DB2 an option as well)