pl1 compilers
Author Message
 pl1 compilers

Does anyone know of any free , shareware , cheap etc PL1 compilers for
either DOS , Win 3.1, Win95 or Linux?

Wed, 03 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

Quote:

> Does anyone know of any free , shareware , cheap etc PL1 compilers for
> either DOS , Win 3.1, Win95 or Linux?

I don't think anyone has done one, but there are some shareware routines
that will convert PL/1 (not sure if all constructs and data structures)
to C, which you could feed into GNU C/C++ compilers (they're free!! and
run under Linux and DOS, although I don't think anyone has attempted
to make a Windows interface for the MSDOS variety, yet).

There is the XPL compiler available for NetBSD and FreeBSD (Unix-like
systems), but XPL isn't really the full fleshed-out and LIKE-able
PL/1 compiler that mainframers and the ilk (some workstation
programmers)
truly LIKE.

So, if you don't mind viewing C as an "object module" then use something
like PL12C package.  I think some are floating around on "Hobbes" or
Simtel sites.

Wed, 03 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL1 Compiler for PC Windows/Dos?

2. short-circuit logic in PL1 compiler, or lack thereof

3. Upgraded Getronics (Wang) PL1 compiler

4. Looking for a PL1-Compiler

5. Q: PL1-Compiler

6. Q: PL1-Compiler for WIN95, 98 or NT 4.0

7. Wanted PL1 compiler for newwbie.

8. pl1 compilers

9. PL1 Compiler for Windows

10. pl1 compilers