Converter to VB?
Author Message
 Converter to VB?

Hi folks,

even though we all may be convinced: It does not make
much sense to migrate from our favorite PL/I to another
language - bosses sometimes do not care and make those
decisions...

For to ease the consequences of this kind of ruling:
Is there any converter from PL/I to VB available?

Regards
Peter Ostermann

Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:40:34 GMT
 Converter to VB?
No, nor would one be possible without massive effort, given that VB has
substantial restrictions for areas that PL/I does well (e.g. decimals), or
is awkward.

The best solution is to combine the two languages. A VB main can invoke PL/I
DLLs with only a little effort, provided the PL/I exports the functions with
a signature that is amenable to VB's limited API support.

If you want more, including code samples (VB6, not VB.Net), request them.

Quote:
> Hi folks,

> even though we all may be convinced: It does not make
> much sense to migrate from our favorite PL/I to another
> language - bosses sometimes do not care and make those
> decisions...

> For to ease the consequences of this kind of ruling:
> Is there any converter from PL/I to VB available?

> Regards
> Peter Ostermann

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:06:23 GMT
 Converter to VB?

Quote:

> even though we all may be convinced: It does not make
> much sense to migrate from our favorite PL/I to another
> language - bosses sometimes do not care and make those
> decisions...

> For to ease the consequences of this kind of ruling:
> Is there any converter from PL/I to VB available?

You can't interace to it?
Quote:
> Regards
> Peter Ostermann

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 18:30:48 GMT

1. Clarion to VB CONVERTER Program

2. Clipper to VB Source Converter

3. COBOL to VB converter?

4. COBOL To VB, C++ and Java Converter

5. VB to Python Converter

6. Clearwin vs GINO vs Winteracter vs VB was: Fortran Conversion to MicroSoft VB

7. call vb dll (will pop up vb form) form python

8. Is there a Clipper to Java or VB converter?

9. Language Converters (was: (none) really was: FORTRAN => C Converters)

10. Ada->Pascal converter? Ada->anything converter?

11. Enough C bashing -- pick on Java or VB

12. Advice on VB vs. Java