pl1 compilers
Author Message
 pl1 compilers

Quote:

> My husband has managed to get hold of 2 textbooks on pl1 and is trying to
> teach himself the program...

> Unfortunately the college he is at no longer has the compiler on their
> mainframe.  Bear with me, This is complete Greek to me and I am trying to
> help him find some stuff.  :-)  Can anyone tell me where I can find a
> compiler for him?

> Or is there another compiler that would do the same job.  Like I said...
> bear with me...  If that is a stupid question... well you know how it
> goes

IBM sells PL/I compilers for OS/2 and other PC OS's, but they're fairly
expensive.  There may be academic pricing that would bring them into
line.
Look at http://www.*-*-*.com/ and search for PL/I.

There has been talk on this newsgroup about trying to locate the old
Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS, which is no longer being
actively marketed, but nothing definite yet.

Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

Look at http://www.ibm.com and search for PL/I.

There has been talk on this newsgroup about trying to locate the old
Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS, which is no longer being
actively marketed, but nothing definite yet.

Sun, 23 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

Quote:

>There has been talk on this newsgroup about trying to locate the old
>Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS, which is no longer being
>actively marketed, but nothing definite yet.

The Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS can be found on the Unofficial CP/M
Web Page at http://cdl.uta.edu/cpm/cpm.html.

Caldera bought out the rights for Digital Research's products, and has allowed
them to be distributed. Read the site's FAQ for further details.

The compiler can be found in the DOWNLOAD section under PCDOS Stuff.

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

Quote:

>>There has been talk on this newsgroup about trying to locate the old
>>Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS, which is no longer being
>>actively marketed, but nothing definite yet.

>The Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS can be found on the Unofficial CP/M
>Web Page at http://cdl.uta.edu/cpm/cpm.html.

>Caldera bought out the rights for Digital Research's products, and has allowed
>them to be distributed. Read the site's FAQ for further details.

>The compiler can be found in the DOWNLOAD section under PCDOS Stuff.

This compiler is also for sale (750 USD !), presumably with
documentation and support, from Discus Distribution at

http://www.wolfenet.com/~nalcott/

Fri, 28 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

Quote:

>This compiler is also for sale (750 USD !), presumably with
>documentation and support, from Discus Distribution at

>http://www.wolfenet.com/~nalcott/

That's the orignal DR list price for the compiler.  Of course $750 was
a lot more money back then ;)

The biggest problem I see with the one from the download site is a lack
of a manual(s).

Sun, 30 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

Just on a hunch I visited this NG; boy am I surprised ...

I have, and this is not a joke, a {*filter*}, unused copy of the Digital
Research PL/I compiler somewhere around here.  I can't remember how much
I paid for it, but it used to retail for $750.  I have never opened it;
it has several 5.25" diskettes (still secured behind cardboard wrappers)
and, as best I can remember, two documentation binders full of info.

Forgive the $$$ in my eyes, but if anyone could possibly interested in
this compiler after all these years, then drop me a line (I don't visit
the NGs too much).  I also have the original Digital Research CPM/86 for
the IBM PCs; probably have a lot more but haven't looked in years.

Let me know.

Michael J. Roseberry

Sat, 05 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 pl1 compilers

        >>>There has been talk on this newsgroup about trying to locate the old
        >>>Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS, which is no longer being
        >>>actively marketed, but nothing definite yet.
        >>
        >>The Digital Research PL/I compiler for DOS can be found on the Unofficial CP/M
        >>Web Page at http://cdl.uta.edu/cpm/cpm.html.
        >>
        >>The compiler can be found in the DOWNLOAD section under PCDOS Stuff.

If you're using the download copy, you want to know
what the options are:

PL/I-86 V1.0 Compilater options  (Command line example: PLI filename $DL )

A: Analysis Trace
B: Built-In Subroutine Trace
C: Code Trace Only
D: Disk Print
E: Expression Optimizer Trace
F: Full Compiler Stack Size (2K)
I: Interlist Source and Code
K: Kill Parm and %include Listing
L: List Source Program
M: Memory Map
N: Nesting Level Display
O: Object Code Off
P: Page Mode Print
Q: Quick Compile, Optimizer Off
R: Restart 7 for Sign Extension
S: Symbol Table List
T: Trace Optimizer Actions
V: Verify Intermediate File
W: Wait Between Passes
X: Compiler Extensions
Z: Parameter Summary

Mon, 07 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL1 Compiler for PC Windows/Dos?

2. short-circuit logic in PL1 compiler, or lack thereof

3. Upgraded Getronics (Wang) PL1 compiler

4. Looking for a PL1-Compiler

5. Q: PL1-Compiler

6. Q: PL1-Compiler for WIN95, 98 or NT 4.0

7. Wanted PL1 compiler for newwbie.

8. PL1 Compiler for Windows

9. pl1 compilers

10. Windows PL1 Compiler