PL/I Analyzer
Author Message
 PL/I Analyzer

Some folks were having trouble getting in touch with
Levtech, originators of the PL/I Analyzer.

It's back again at the new location:

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 23 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Analyzer

Quote:

>Some folks were having trouble getting in touch with
>Levtech, originators of the PL/I Analyzer.

>It's back again at the new location:

>http://octopus.levtech.com

The trouble with this product is that while it purports to handle MVS PL/I,
it runs on a SPARC workstation.  This means that I have to download a
gazillion bytes of legacy code to the workstation.  Then, when I modify it,
I have to change, upload, test, fix, upload, etc.

Not to mention the cost of giving all 200+ programmers SUN workstations.

IMHO, It seems to me that a mainframe PL/I source code analyzer should run
on the mainframe....

James F. Stoves

Going placidly amid the noise and haste.

Fri, 25 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Analyzer
Some folks were having trouble getting in touch with
Levtech, originators of the PL/I Analyzer.

It's back again at the new location:

http://octopus.levtech.com

The PL/I Analyzer produces flowcharts, structure charts, call graphcs,
data cross references, unit cross references, type cross references,
metric summaries.

The specifications are too long to list here; suggest
paying their site a visit.

Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL/I Analyzer Version 2.0

2. Searching for PL/I and JCL syntax analyzer sources... in PL/I off course.

3. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

4. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

5. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

6. Difference PL/1 PL/I

7. What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

8. Initialization Expressions in PL/I (was ANSI PL/I)

9. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

10. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

11. The PL/I Connection (PL/I Newsletter No. 6)

12. How VOS PL/I tames PL/I