Looking for information on PLISRTD - built-in sort.
Author Message
 Looking for information on PLISRTD - built-in sort.

I'm looking for an explanation of how PLISRTD(built-in sort) works.

Can anyone post some information or point me to some documentation I
can research.

Thanks in advance.

George Calafut

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for information on PLISRTD - built-in sort.

Quote:

>I'm looking for an explanation of how PLISRTD(built-in sort) works.

>Can anyone post some information or point me to some documentation I
>can research.

>Thanks in advance.

>George Calafut

Yeah, did a couple in 1980.  Call SORT from your mainline, telling it
in the parms the names of your PL/I procedures to be considered
the E15 and E35 exits.  SORT gets control and calls your E15 proc
for each input record.  It also calls your E35 exit with each sorted
output record.  After the SORT control returns to your mainline.

Your exits procure and dispose of records anyway you want, including
I/O to files, calling other routines, etc.  Return codes are used to tell
SORT that input record is presented, or "end-of-file" for "SORTIN" has
occurred, etc.  As for syntax and the numeric values of these codes,
see the manual.  It probably has some examples.

If your sort input is merely an unedited file, and your sort output goes
straight to a file, use PLISRTA and let SORT do the I/O.  Similarly,
PLISRTB and PLISRTC are available if only one of these is true.

hth

Cheers,
Greg

P.S.  I think "the manual" is Programmer's Guide
(as opposed to Language Reference).

Sun, 11 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. plisrtd and VB records?

2. Information on order(N) sort

3. Question using Queue to build sort for Reports?

4. OOPSLA paper posted: The Timeless Way of Building Accounting Information

5. Embedding Build information within source

6. TIP #59: Embed Build Information in Tcl Binary Library

7. Looking for a new Sort Pattern/Stacker Control Instruction (SCI) generator

8. Looking for Unix-based AWK that does Array sorting

9. Looking for Hungarian sort object for SixDriver.

10. Looking for simple sort routine

11. Looking for Funnel Sort algorithm

12. Looking for help finding code for sort program..