Write HTML from a PL/1 program.
Author Message
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.

Quote:

> Is it possible to write/generate HTML from a PL/1 program ??

> Anyone who can give me some hints on how this is done. If anyone know
> where i can find some documentation on this, please reply with links.

Certainly, HTML is just plain text as far as PL/I is concerned, a
minimal working HTML document would be

See also <URL: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ; for an
article about PL/I and CGI scripting.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:21:51 GMT
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.
Is it possible to write/generate HTML from a PL/1 program ??

Anyone who can give me some hints on how this is done. If anyone know
where i can find some documentation on this, please reply with links.

Thanks.

--
www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:14:44 GMT
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.

Quote:
> > Is it possible to write/generate HTML from a PL/1 program ??

> > Anyone who can give me some hints on how this is done. If anyone know
> > where i can find some documentation on this, please reply with links.

> Certainly, HTML is just plain text as far as PL/I is concerned, a
> minimal working HTML document would be

> See also <URL:http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/cobol/news11g.htm> for an
> article about PL/I and CGI scripting.

Exactly, that's how I do it. Works a treat. HTML is only text.
Just write to a normal output file, like sysout. I find that using stream
output is a bit less fiddly than record output.
Tim.

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:51:04 GMT
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.

Quote:
> > > Is it possible to write/generate HTML from a PL/1 program ??

> > > Anyone who can give me some hints on how this is done. If anyone know
> > > where i can find some documentation on this, please reply with links.

Just make sure that the output dataset (if you define it in JCL, REXX or by
hand as a system variable) has a valid html  type extension(htm/l, asp, php
etc...).
Saves renaming it later.
Tim

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:53:18 GMT
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.

Quote:

>>>Is it possible to write/generate HTML from a PL/1 program ??

>>>Anyone who can give me some hints on how this is done. If anyone know
>>>where i can find some documentation on this, please reply with links.

>>Certainly, HTML is just plain text as far as PL/I is concerned, a
>>minimal working HTML document would be

>>See also <URL:http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/cobol/news11g.htm> for an
>>article about PL/I and CGI scripting.

> Exactly, that's how I do it. Works a treat. HTML is only text.
> Just write to a normal output file, like sysout. I find that using stream
> output is a bit less fiddly than record output.

I'd be careful to use a purpose-declared STREAM OUTPUT (not PRINT)
file, lest forms control foozle up the output.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly;

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 06:59:32 GMT
 Write HTML from a PL/1 program.

Quote:

> >>Certainly, HTML is just plain text as far as PL/I is concerned, a
> >>minimal working HTML document would be

> >>See also <URL:http://www.ibm.com/software/ad/cobol/news11g.htm> for an
> >>article about PL/I and CGI scripting.

> > Exactly, that's how I do it. Works a treat. HTML is only text.
> > Just write to a normal output file, like sysout. I find that using
stream
> > output is a bit less fiddly than record output.

> I'd be careful to use a purpose-declared STREAM OUTPUT (not PRINT)
> file, lest forms control foozle up the output.

 Good point. I did have that problem myself - the odd, seemingly random,
"newpage" thrown in.
Tim.

Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:07:02 GMT

1. Write HTML from a PL/I program

2. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

3. Calling a COBOL program from a PL/1 program

4. New location for whiz, html.py phonebook.pl, and my other goodies

5. self-booting pmode program written in assembler written in sh

6. PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE (WRITING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS(FOR ANY TASTE))

7. Can PL/I write to screen?

8. Reading and Writing Variable length datasets in PL/I

9. Writing an internet application using PL/I

10. PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE (WRITING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS(FOR ANY TASTE))

11. PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE (WRITING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS(FOR ANY TASTE))

12. Anyone writing HTML pages with dbfs?