PL/I Buttons
Author Message
 PL/I Buttons

In case some of you need a little diversion...

I used to attend all the SHARE meetings (user group for large-scale IBM
systems) and one of the traditions was to sell buttons with funny sayings.
The PL/I group had some really good ones ... herte are a couple I have in my
desk:

  PL/I, the UNCOBOL *

  JES2 and COBOL, Nuke Them Both

  PL/I, Check it Out! **

  Get it Up Faster With PL/I

Anyone have more?

* 7 Up used the alogan "7 Up, The Uncola"

** Referring to the PL/I Checkout "Compiler"

--
James Gerber                 Better Here Than Philadelphia!

Fri, 07 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Buttons

Quote:

>I used to attend all the SHARE meetings (user group for large-scale IBM
>systems) and one of the traditions was to sell buttons with funny sayings.

The only button I have is the elephant on roller skates being ridden
by a jockey that says "IBM High Level Assembler" but at SHARE all the
different groups had little stickers that people could stick on their
id badges to show what they were into.  This all started with the
VM group's teddy bear sticker.  MVS was a dinosaur.

The sticker for PL/I was some pliers.

Fri, 07 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Buttons
"People who wear stickers do it alone (and not very often)" ;-)

Sat, 08 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 PL/I Buttons

Quote:
>The sticker for PL/I was some pliers.

I presume you got the pun!

Regards

Dave
<Team PL/I>

Sun, 09 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Button, Button, who's got the Button?

2. Logo Komeniusz PL (Logo Comenius PL)

3. Derivation of PL/I (was Usenet group for PL/M language)

4. Mapping local files to FILE declarations in PL/I with IBM VisualAge PL./I for Windows

5. Difference PL/1 PL/I

6. What is the difference between DEC PL/1 and OS/390 PL/1

7. Initialization Expressions in PL/I (was ANSI PL/I)

8. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

9. PL/I FAQ -- Frequently asked questions about PL/I (minor update)

10. The PL/I Connection (PL/I Newsletter No. 6)

11. How VOS PL/I tames PL/I

12. PL1 JOBS PL/I Jobs PL/1 JOBS