VA PL/I using a C++ DLL
Author Message
 VA PL/I using a C++ DLL

I am unsuccessfully trying to call a Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 C++ DLL
from a Visual Age PL/I program. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 03:35:25 GMT
 VA PL/I using a C++ DLL
It works fine for the C entry points, but you do need to consider issues
such as structure mapping differences (e.g. add padding on the PL/I side).
Please review the relevant sections in the Programming Guide.

If you are responsible for the C++ side, using SYSTEM linkage will make life
easier for non MS VC++ callers; for example MS Visual Basic can only use
SYSTEM linkage. This is well-explained in both the MS VC++ documentation and
the Win32 API. Nevertheless, PL/I can also call the MS VC++ native linkage
(in case you've inherited a VC++ DLL over whcih you have no control).

If you have a specific problem, please post details on that problem, in
particular the C and the PL/I declarations.

Quote:
> I am unsuccessfully trying to call a Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 C++ DLL
> from a Visual Age PL/I program. Any information would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:42:32 GMT

1. VA PL/I for OS/390: DLL questions

2. Using SQL Server with VA PL/I