Where PL1 keeps length of CICS map
Author Message
 Where PL1 keeps length of CICS map

PL1 newbie upgrading PL1/CICS program for LE/CICS v4.

Need to send low-values to map. For better future maintenance, I don't want
to hard-code map length from compile listings. Where can I get the map
length during the program? I've tried this:

DCL MAPNAME_COPY    CHAR(1920) VARYING;
DCL MAPNAME_AREA    CHAR(1920) VARYING BASED (ADDR(MAPNAMEI));
DEL MAP_LENGTH          FIXED BIN(31);

MAPNAME_COPY=MAPNAME_AREA;
MAP_LENGTH = LENGTH(MAPNAME_COPY);
MAPNAME_AREA=LOW(MAP_LENGTH);

Program runs with this, but it may be by accident. MAP_LENGTH never changes
from 0000 during step-through debugging via Xpediter.

Would the address of MAPNAMEI have the length? Can it be accessed?
Thank you in advance for any help.

Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. PL1/CICS/DB2, Job Opening

2. Immediate Opening PL1 / CICS / DB2 Prog

3. CICS/COBOL/PL1/DB2/Y2K positions in NY,NJ

4. CICS/PL1 Macro- to Cmd-lvl Conversion Consultants?

5. PL1, CICS. DB2/COBOL, ANALYST/PROGRAMMER/WILTS

6. ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

7. *****US-CHI. PL1/CICS IMS, ADW-TALON (RECRUITER)

8. CICS/COBOL/PL1/DB2/Y2K positions in NY,NJ

9. ** DB2, CICS, IBM, COBOL, PL1 Positions Avialable

10. field length error for COBOL/CICS online program

11. CICS TS Queue Length

12. CICS using EIBCPOSN to select an item on a map without typing