comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Author Message
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

What was the reason for removal? There seems to be a decent amount of
activity here, isn't there?

Scott Harder ASPG, Inc.

--
Scott Harder
Manager - Technical Services and Support

www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:10:22 GMT
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
As a replacement, there is a PL/I forum that can be used at

www.mainframeforum.com

Look under 'Systems Engineering and Programming>Programming' for the
PL/I forum.

Lot's of other good stuff, too!

:D

--
Scott Harder
Manager - Technical Services and Support
941-649-1548  x212
www.aspg.com

www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Fri, 02 Jul 2004 22:24:08 GMT
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:

> What was the reason for removal?

er, what removal?

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 07:11:36 GMT
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

Quote:
>As a replacement, there is a PL/I forum that can be used at

>www.mainframeforum.com

>Look under 'Systems Engineering and Programming>Programming' for the
>PL/I forum.

>Lot's of other good stuff, too!

>:D

Is this 'person' having a conversation with himself?   What's the old
joke about "...only way I can find someone intelligent enough..."?

Frank Clarke
Tampa Area REXX Programmers' Alliance
REXX Language Assn
Join us at www.rexxla.org

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 08:18:29 GMT
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
It's some kind of a scam.  I was told to just ignore this.
Quote:

> > What was the reason for removal?

> er, what removal?

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 09:05:23 GMT
 comp.lang.pl1, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal
Although I do talk to myself all the time, I was not in this thread. ;-)

I saw the post about the newsgroup going away and asked why. Then, in a
separate post, quickly sent an alternative forum that everyone could use
as a replacement.

I have since been notified that the original post about the newsgroup
going away was a hoax.

I still recommend www.mainframeforum.com to anyone - it is a nice
web-based forum for all your mainframe needs.

Thanks!

Scott Harder ASPG Technical Support

--
Scott Harder
Manager - Technical Services and Support
941-649-1548  x212
www.aspg.com

www.MainFrameForum.com - USENET Gateway

Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:05:58 GMT

1. comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

2. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

3. comp.lang.asm370, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

4. comp.lang.smalltalk.dolphin, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

5. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

6. comp.lang.awk, FINAL NOTICE of newsgroup removal

7. comp.lang.forth, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

8. comp.lang.logo, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

9. comp.lang.dylan, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

10. comp.lang.oberon, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

11. comp.lang.pop, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal

12. comp.lang.rexx, FINAL NOTICE of Newsgroup Removal