VA PL/I diffs
Author Message
 VA PL/I diffs

Is anyone aware of a document that describes the differences between VA
PL/I (for OS/2) and mainframe "PL/I for MVS and VM?"  The VA manuals
that are online don't seem to give a very complete listing of
differences, and I see there are many.

Tue, 13 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VA PL/I diffs
Quote:

>Is anyone aware of a document that describes the differences between VA
>PL/I (for OS/2) and mainframe "PL/I for MVS and VM?"  The VA manuals
>that are online don't seem to give a very complete listing of
>differences, and I see there are many.

No, and I'd like to see one

Peter
- have you noticed the 'note to peter' left in the language reference?

Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VA PL/I diffs

Quote:

>The VA PL/I reference manual highlights all extensions, the guide lists
>omissions.

Do you mean the manual with the following entry?
-----------------------------

             SOURCELINE() returns a FIXED BINARY(M,0) value that is
the line number of the
statement where this function is invoked, within the file that
contains that statement.

     Note to Peter

     Is it true that SOURCELINE no longer accepts an argument? Does
this text need to be modified?
 If the statement extends over several source lines, the number
returned is that of the line on which
 the statement starts.

,----------------------------------------------------------------------------.

Quote:
>>--SOURCELINE--(--)------------------------------------------------------><

'------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

 SOURCELINE() can be used in restricted expressions.

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Migrating from OS/VS PL/I to VA PL/I

2. VA & PL/SQL cursor variables

3. VA PL/I using a C++ DLL

4. OS/390 2.10 VA PL/I IVP COND CODE 0218

5. Using SQL Server with VA PL/I

6. PL/I or VA PLI Post-Mortem Debugger

7. User exit in VA PL/I

8. VA PL/I 2.1 missing guisamp.rc

9. Current APAR of VA PL/I for OS/390

10. VA PL/I for OS/390: DLL questions

11. HOWTO: Install VA PL/I V2.1 on NT4 and W2K

12. VA PL/I Problems/Questions