PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
Author Message
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site

It is hard to find and it costs $113 now!

Quote:
> Note:
> 1. Personal PL/I for Windows is no longer available,  afaik NO-ONE has
> mentioned this IMPORTANT fact,  why is that??  I would think the loss of
the
> last low-cost pli (that isnt horribly obsolete) would draw a few comments
> from the elite users here.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
enbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&cgrfnbr=1825319&x=9&y=6

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:41:31 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site

Quote:
> It is hard to find and it costs $113 now!

The very long link you provide is same as that arrived at by:

1.  www.ibm.com
2.  search site with keywords    personal pl/i
3.  click on 1st search result

Note the resulting page says Personal PL/I its available for OS/2 which
makes me suspicious as to its current validity,  and sure enuf when I ask
for a download or try to proceed in any manner to order, it refuses and
takes me back to irrelevant pages that know nada about Personal PL/I for
Windows..   Seems to me IBM  is telling us (by removing it from the main
PL/I menu) they no longer offer Personal PL/I  and from what someone else
reports, they arent very interested in selling  VA PL/I either.

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:39:19 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
Correction to my last...
When I first do a <add-to-cart> then it does appear that Personal PL/I for
Windows is orderable online,
I then ceased the order process, whether I could have successfully
downloaded the product, I have no idea..    But it does seem to be still
available.

Has anyone here actually bought Personal PL/I for Windows this year?    Last
year ?

Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:40:59 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
Does it run under Windows 2000?

Quote:
> It is hard to find and it costs $113 now!

> > Note:
> > 1. Personal PL/I for Windows is no longer available,  afaik NO-ONE has
> > mentioned this IMPORTANT fact,  why is that??  I would think the loss of
> the
> > last low-cost pli (that isnt horribly obsolete) would draw a few
comments
> > from the elite users here.

http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/CategoryDisplay?cntrfnb...
Quote:
> enbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&cgrfnbr=1825319&x=9&y=6

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 13:37:32 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
I bought it in January 2002.
ED

Quote:
> Correction to my last...
> When I first do a <add-to-cart> then it does appear that Personal PL/I for
> Windows is orderable online,
> I then ceased the order process, whether I could have successfully
> downloaded the product, I have no idea..    But it does seem to be still
> available.

> Has anyone here actually bought Personal PL/I for Windows this year?
Last
> year ?

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:39:06 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
Yes. That is the preferred OS now.
Don't forget to get Object Rexx as well. For those who do not know, it is
a PL/I like scripting language, with some majore additions.

Ed

Quote:
> Does it run under Windows 2000?

> > It is hard to find and it costs $113 now!

> > > Note:
> > > 1. Personal PL/I for Windows is no longer available,  afaik NO-ONE has
> > > mentioned this IMPORTANT fact,  why is that??  I would think the loss
of
> > the
> > > last low-cost pli (that isnt horribly obsolete) would draw a few
> comments
> > > from the elite users here.

http://commerce.www.ibm.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/CategoryDisplay?cntrfnb...

> > enbr=1&cntry=840&lang=en_US&cgrfnbr=1825319&x=9&y=6

Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:41:02 GMT
 PL/I Personal is still available according to the web site
Hiya,

I purchased Personal PL/1 last year as well as Object Rexx. I couldn't
afford VA PL/1.

I run them both under Windows 2000 with no problems. (I did build
some THE (i.e. Xedit-clone) macros to make analyzing compiles easy.)

Chuck Moore

Sun, 20 Feb 2005 03:49:11 GMT

1. Compiling DR PL/I code with IBM Personal PL/I

2. PC/370 Available on Web-Site

3. Clarion Third Party Profile Exchange Online available at alternative web site

4. Halstenbach's iss-base web site available in english

5. Zappa and Endeavor manuals available at web site!!!

6. Zappa and Endeavor manuals available at web site!!!

7. Fall AdaIC News available on Web site

8. LLNL modules' documentation available on Web site

9. LLNL Web site / FTP site down

10. New Web Site: The Tcl Plugin How-to Site

11. ANNOUNCE: New Clipper Web Site on World Wide Web

12. Personal PL/1 Samples