Is there an ETA for the thread-safe release?
Author Message
 Is there an ETA for the thread-safe release?

Greetings,

I'm working on a Perl project which involves using the Tk module and
fork()ing.  It is a telnet-like Internet game client.  Some of the child
threads need to interface with objects on the Tk canvas.  Right now this
application is unstable and is prone to crashing and/or "locking up".
After reading through this discussion list, it appears my problem is
relating to the current release of pTk not being thread-safe.  (Please
correct me if I'm wrong!)

Is there an estimate available of when a thread-safe version might be
released in binary form for Win-32 platforms?

Thansk in advance!

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:19:48 GMT

1. Summary of (un)SAFE practices in THREADED perl

2. Thread safe modules

3. Thread-safe resolver?

4. Is embedded perl thread safe

5. Is Net::SNMP thread-safe?

6. is embedded Perl thread-safe ?

7. Is Win32::ODBC thread safe?

8. How thread safe is Perl?

9. IS Perl on NT Thread Safe ?

10. Safe way to terminate blocking sub-threads?

11. Is the perl library thread-safe?

12. I want threads, threads and more threads!