Title Bar Text
Author Message
 Title Bar Text

Quote:

>Is there a way to dynamically alter the text in the title bar of the main
>window? That is, is there a configure method for doing this. I'd like to have
>the title bar of the main window relay information back to the user.

It is not a configure option it is a 'window manager' method:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w
use Tk;
my $mw = MainWindow->new;
$mw->title("Whatever You Like");
MainLoop;

__END__

I have considered mapping to a configure option - but configuring mainwindows
is still a bit of a mess. There are changes in tk4.1 which may help.

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Title Bar Text

Nick Ing-Simmons writes on 1-JUN-1996 08:19:02.23:

Quote:
>is still a bit of a mess. There are changes in tk4.1 which may help.

                                                ^^^^^

:-)

Peter Prymmer

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to get rid of the # in the title bar

2. Change icon in title bar?

3. Changing Title Bar

4. Title bar in Win32 Perl/Tk

5. Window without a title bar

6. icon in title bar

7. Generating a title for a HTML Document without a title tag

8. $title and ($title) as lvalue

9. Case Change Text UPPER CASE to Title Case?

10. Bar chart with horizontal bars?

11. /foo/bar differs from /foo/bar?

12. What's with teh [Group] thing in the title bar?