Cookie expiration date and Y2K
Author Message
 Cookie expiration date and Y2K

I have a site which requires users to log on, keeping track of their id
using cookies.   I set the cookies by printing a header like so:

$expDate =  "Friday, 31-Dec-99 23:59:00 GMT";
print "Set-Cookie: $name=$value; expires=$expDate; path=$path;
domain=$domain\n";

At the end of the year I wanted to extend the date to 31st dec 2000, and
after reading the official word on the subject from perl.com, changed the
date to:

$expDate = "Sunday, 31-Dec-100 23:59:00 GMT";

Is this right?   It seems to work when browsing with Netscape Naviagtor 4,
but when using MSIE 5, the cookies expire immediately.

Many thanks,

Andrew Betts

Wed, 03 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Cookie expiration dates and Y2K

2. Setting Cookie Expiration Date with Perl

3. Setting Cookie Expiration Date with Perl

4. Finding expiration date of cookie

5. Expiration dates for cookies

6. Setting Cookie Expiration Date with Perl

7. cookie expiration dates

8. Delete mail automatically after expiration date

9. PERL date/time expiration question

10. Function to calculate a 30-day expiration date

11. Y2K compliant system date

12. Y2K date in Perl