tcl/tk->perl/tk translator
Author Message
 tcl/tk->perl/tk translator

 was wondering if anyone has , or has seen a tcl/tk->perl/tk
translator, or even a partial translator. I have some stuff that
I want to translate, and it is becomming tedious. although it is
educational !

I have looked around on the net, but I have not found anything yet.
I did find tdcad , which is a pretty powerfull demmo of the things
that can be done with tk.

thanks
Clive b.

Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk->perl/tk translator

Check the just posted Tcl Software catalog, part 4, for some possibilities.
Or, if you didn't get the posting, see my WWW site.

--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O-
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

Thu, 17 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 tcl/tk->perl/tk translator

Quote:

> was wondering if anyone has , or has seen a tcl/tk->perl/tk
>translator, or even a partial translator. I have some stuff that
>I want to translate, and it is becomming tedious. although it is
>educational !

>I have looked around on the net, but I have not found anything yet.
>I did find tdcad , which is a pretty powerfull demmo of the things
>that can be done with tk.

>thanks
>Clive b.

Rather that searching the net you might try looking on your own computer.
As of Tk-b9.01 there is a tcl2perl conversion script right in the Tk-b* build
directory (the directory that gets created when you tar -xvf the Tk extension
to perl.)

I haven't personally used it and it comes with no absolute guarentees - in
other words you can probably expect a fair amount of debugging after running a
tcl script through it. It does at least provide a start on the conversion
process. Good luck.

Peter Prymmer

Mon, 21 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Tcl and Tcl::Tk w/ Tcl 7.5, 7.6 and Tk 4.1, 4.2

2. tcl/tk->perl/tk: send/receive

3. Tcl::Tk and Tcl modules are available to provide Tk GUI to perl

4. Improving Tcl/Tk program with Perl/Tk?

5. opinions on tcl/tk vs perl/tk

6. perl/tk vs.tcl/tk

7. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk

8. starting Tcl/Tk from perl/Tk

9. Perl/Tk or Tcl/Tk ?

10. alternative to tcl/tk snack with perl/tk

11. Any Tcl/Tk features missing from Perl/Tk?

12. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering