Animated completion percentage bar
Author Message
 Animated completion percentage bar

I am just starting to play around with Perl/Tk and was wondering
what would be the easiest way to implement an "animated" percentage
completion bar that change color as a program's percentage completion
increases?

Also, how do I send STDOUT to a text widget to see output in it
in real time as a program is executing. So far I have been able to
do it but it seems to be buffering the output such that I see
it only when control returns to the mainloop.

Thank you very much for any tips,

Fernando
Fernando Torre                   Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
Staff Services AE                4516 Seton Parkway, Suite 300

(512) 231-3374

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:06:04 GMT
 Animated completion percentage bar

Quote:

> what would be the easiest way to implement an "animated" percentage
> completion bar that change color as a program's percentage completion
> increases?

Have you looked at Tk::ProgressBar?

--
David B. White
IBM Microelectronics, Circuit Verification & Design Tools

Phone: 802-769-5671     (TieLine: 446)     Fax: 802-769-5722

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:50:20 GMT

1. filename completion, not word completion?

2. Bar chart with horizontal bars?

3. /foo/bar differs from /foo/bar?

4. evenly distribute array based on percentage

5. how to make process shown as percentage

6. GD pie charts - how to show values and percentages

7. Simple Checksum "Confidence Percentage"???

8. percentages, how?

9. percentages

10. Percentages Part 2

11. Comparing files with difference percentage

12. Percentages in CGI.pm