Installing Tk on Win2000
Author Message
 Installing Tk on Win2000

I installed ActivePerl 5.6.0.623 on my Windows2000. I downloaded
Tk8000.022.tar.gz and unzipped it into a \Tk directory. I then ran

ppm install Tk

I cd to \Tk and run "perl Makefile.PL" and get the following:

C:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe is installed in C:\Perl\lib okay
PPM for perl5.006
Test Compiling config/signedchar.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Test Compiling config/unsigned.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Test Compiling config/Ksprintf.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Test Compiling -DSPRINTF_RETURN_CHAR config/Ksprintf.c
Ksprintf.exe: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
Skip InputO on MSWin32
Skip Mwm on MSWin32
Skip WinPhoto on MSWin32
Note (probably harmless): No library found for '-lcomdlg32'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for '-lgdi32'
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'oldnames.lib'
<a bunch more like this>
Note (probably harmless): No library found for 'msvcrt.lib'
Generating Dependencies for MSWin32, win_arch=MSWin32
Loose imgPmap.h
Loose imgUnixPmap.c
Test Compiling config/Hstrtoul.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Test Compiling config/Hstrdup.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Test Compiling config/Hstrcasecmp.c
gcc.exe: No input files
Extracting imgPmap.h
Extracting imgUnixPmap.c
Finding dependancies for ClientWin.c
Finding dependancies for Lang_f.c
Finding dependancies for Xlib_f.c
<a bunch more like this>
 I also get a lot of "no library found" error message when it write the
makefile for any Tk:: modules.

So, what am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated - Thanks

Dan Giles

 With Servers In California, Texas And {*filter*}ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:44:47 GMT
 Installing Tk on Win2000

Quote:
> I installed ActivePerl 5.6.0.623 on my Windows2000. I downloaded
> Tk8000.022.tar.gz and unzipped it into a \Tk directory. I then ran

> ppm install Tk

> I cd to \Tk and run "perl Makefile.PL" and get the following:

Dan, you did a whole lot more than you needed to!  I suggest that
you delete everything and reinstall ActivePerl.  Then, just type
"ppm install Tk" and you should be all set.

If you are behind a firewall, then you'll have to follow AS's
instructions in whereveryouinstalledPerl\html\faq\ActivePerl-faq2.html

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 05:12:05 GMT
 Installing Tk on Win2000
I though it might be something like that. That will be my weekend project -
thanks.

Quote:

> > I installed ActivePerl 5.6.0.623 on my Windows2000. I downloaded
> > Tk8000.022.tar.gz and unzipped it into a \Tk directory. I then ran

> > ppm install Tk

> > I cd to \Tk and run "perl Makefile.PL" and get the following:

> Dan, you did a whole lot more than you needed to!  I suggest that
> you delete everything and reinstall ActivePerl.  Then, just type
> "ppm install Tk" and you should be all set.

> If you are behind a firewall, then you'll have to follow AS's
> instructions in whereveryouinstalledPerl\html\faq\ActivePerl-faq2.html

> --
> Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

 With Servers In California, Texas And {*filter*}ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:22:45 GMT

1. MQSeries Install in Win2000

2. Tk on win2000 problem

3. Tk:JPEG-2.014 under Win2000, Perl 5.8.0, Tk800.024,

4. Tk:PNG-2.005 under Win2000, Perl 5.8.0, Tk800.024, lpng125

5. installing Tk with out installing

6. Perl/Tk Packages (Was: RE: (More) Problems Installing Perl/Tk)

7. Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

8. Create NT/WIN2000 domain accounts through website using Netadmin, AdminMisc

9. time on Win2000

10. Win2000/98 and -d test

11. Newbie Question: Can't write file in data directory of a Win2000 server

12. Speed reading files on Win2000