Installing Perl on Windows98
Author Message
 Installing Perl on Windows98

Hello-

I've downloaded the Windows version of perl. However I can't get it to
work. I think I need to change the path in my AUOTEXEC.BAT file.

I have a hello.pl program in this directory. When I type

perl hello.pl

I get a bad command or filename error.

I have very little experience changing the path in Windows, so I have no
idea what syntax use.

Thanks for any help

--
Tigger
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pritchet

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:52:10 GMT
 Installing Perl on Windows98

Quote:

> I've downloaded the Windows version of perl.
> However I can't get it to work.

From where did you download it?  What version?

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:09:01 GMT
 Installing Perl on Windows98

Quote:

> Hello-

> I've downloaded the Windows version of perl. However I can't get it to
> work. I think I need to change the path in my AUOTEXEC.BAT file.

If you are using ActiveState, then you have just answered a question
which has been plaguing me for months. In the 5xx series adding perl to
the PATH was done by the install program. Later versions (I find) do not
do this for you. You have to do it manually.

Click on START -> Run and type in SYSEDIT.

In your AUTOEXEC.BAT...add the PATH to the perl binary directory, like
so:

SET PATH=c:\Perl\bin\;"%PATH%"

Regards
Jack

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 29 Jun 2003 12:18:14 GMT

1. How to install DBI and DBD::mysql on windows98

2. CPAN module installs on Windows98 with ActivePerl and Cygwin20.1

3. installing GD.pm and GIFgraph.pm in Windows98

4. Installing Tk800.012 on Windows98

5. Perl for Windows98 Apache

6. using the cd command in perl on Windows98

7. Perl with Windows98

8. Where is mod_perl Windows98 binary?

9. Flock Windows98

10. ActivePerl, DCOM & Windows98