multi windows with controling input focus
Author Message
 multi windows with controling input focus

If you create an entry window from a main window,
how do you disable input from the main window
until the entry window is destroyed.  The first
window has a button that creates the window that
prompts the user for information.  After the entry
window is invoked, I do not want the main window
to accept input from the user.  There are many
other buttons and widgets on the main window.
Does anyone know how to disable input from mouse
or keyboard from the main window?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 02:43:49 GMT
 multi windows with controling input focus

Quote:

> If you create an entry window from a main window,
> how do you disable input from the main window
> until the entry window is destroyed.  The first
> window has a button that creates the window that
> prompts the user for information.  After the entry
> window is invoked, I do not want the main window
> to accept input from the user.  There are many
> other buttons and widgets on the main window.
> Does anyone know how to disable input from mouse
> or keyboard from the main window?

Sounds like you should just use a Dialog box and configure an entry
widget into it. Marc showed how to do this in a recent post..Dec 17th
titled "Popping up Secondary Tk windows"

If you don't like that, a combination of grab and waitWindow or
waitVariable might do
the trick.

Jack

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 04:02:27 GMT

1. Nonmember submission: Re: Controling sub windows

2. Controling sub windows

3. Controling sub windows

4. Controling sub windows

5. Launched Win32 apps grabbing input focus

6. Scrolled widget and switching the input focus

7. Input focus and default button

8. Loosing text input focus in embedded application

9. how to set input focus?

10. AS Perl, capture keypress outside window focus

11. Controlling the focus of Window - like DialogBox.

12. Callback when window gets the focus.