Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering
Author Message
 Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering

Hi ,

I'd like to know what version of the Perl/Tk module corresponds to
version {4.x, 8} of the Tk toolkit. I'd like to install Perl/Tk on
my machine but would prefer it to be consistent to my Tcl/Tk version.

What's the reasoning behind Perl/Tk version numbering ?

Bye,
Frank Hofmann

(remove _IHATESPAM from email address before replying by mail)

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk version numbering

Quote:

>Hi ,

>I'd like to know what version of the Perl/Tk module corresponds to
>version {4.x, 8} of the Tk toolkit. I'd like to install Perl/Tk on
>my machine but would prefer it to be consistent to my Tcl/Tk version.

>What's the reasoning behind Perl/Tk version numbering ?

I *think* this is the way it goes:

The latest Perl/Tk is 402.002.  The number to the left of the point
corressponds to the Tcl/Tk version number - 4.2.  The number right
of point is a revision number particular to perl/Tk.

So, since Tk 8 was just released, Perl/Tk is one release behind now,
although the Tk 8 "port" is in progress....

Sat, 05 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. opinions on tcl/tk vs perl/tk

2. perl/tk vs.tcl/tk

3. Perl/Tk vs. Tcl/Tk

4. Perl/TK vs tcl/Tk

5. perl/tk vs.tcl/tk

6. Tcl/Tk vs. perl/Tk

7. Tcl and Tcl::Tk w/ Tcl 7.5, 7.6 and Tk 4.1, 4.2

8. Tcl::Tk and Tcl modules are available to provide Tk GUI to perl

9. Perl/tk vs Tcl

10. Improving Tcl/Tk program with Perl/Tk?

11. starting Tcl/Tk from perl/Tk

12. tcl/tk->perl/tk translator