Support for fileevent
Author Message
 Support for fileevent

I looked at the Tk::IO package but was not able to understand how it
can be used to add a fileevent to the the event process loop.

The Tcl 7.5 fileevent connand allows for the creation of a fileevent
by passing a channelId which was previously opened with an open or
socket command.

I am trying to devlop a ptk application that needs to read data off a
socket. I would like to be able to add the perl file handle to the
event loop. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help

Anthony

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. DBCS Support and corporate support for PERL

2. DBCS Support and corporate support for PERL

3. Storable, and Tk::fileevent, help Please

4. Parent/Child Tk::fileevent & very confused

5. Tk::fileevent eating all my CPU cycles

6. Does fileevent work in win32?

7. fileevent on win98

8. fileevent not working in Perl Tk for NT

9. Help Help fileevent in WINNT

10. fileevent with sockets in WINNT

11. fileevent (tcl) under perl?

12. Help using fileevent with readline in PerlTk