Browse entry color option.
Author Message
 Browse entry color option.

Hi there:

Is there a peice of documentation on the BrowseEntry widget that has all of
the options listed and explained?  I am trying to change the color displayed
when the list is dropped down.  I have successfully changed the background
without the list dropped but would like to know how to change the background
color of the list itself.

Thanks in advance for any information on this,
Kenneth Morris

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:53:38 GMT
 Browse entry color option.
This is undocumented, as far as I know
but you can configure the internal
widgets.

It contains a few advertised Subwidgets:

'entry'      The Entry widget

'arrow'     Then Button with an arrow bitmap  on it
               which triggers the drop down listbox

'choices'  The Toplevel widget which contains the listbox

'slistbox'  The list where are the choices are

So you could do something like this:

my $be = $mw->BrowseEntry(...)->pack;
$be->Subwidget('slistbox')->configure(
  -background => $be->cget('-background'));

Rob

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:52:03 GMT

1. Browse Entry with Tree instead of List

2. Browse Entry

3. Browse Entry Widget

4. Browse Entry Widget

5. Colored report entries in Perl?

6. Listbox entries with different color and font....

7. Listbox entries with different color and font....

8. Listbox entries with different color and font....

9. Listbox color entries

10. Configuring HList entry for background color

11. ListBox with individual colors/fonts for each entry ?

12. Multiple colors for Listbox entries