Running Perl/Tk program on Win32 without a DOS console window?
Author Message
 Running Perl/Tk program on Win32 without a DOS console window?

How do you run a Perl/Tk app without using a DOS console window - just
like any other Win32 non-console application?

Bill Hess - Technology Resource Group

Mon, 19 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running Perl/Tk program on Win32 without a DOS console window?

Quote:
>How do you run a Perl/Tk app without using a DOS console window - just
>like any other Win32 non-console application?

One way is to use the perl2exe (www.demobuilder.com), only your script will
turn into a >1500 Kb sized file.

Quote:

>Bill Hess - Technology Resource Group

Sigmund S.

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Running Perl/Tk program on Win32 without a DOS console window?
Bill Hess schrieb:

Quote:
> How do you run a Perl/Tk app without using a DOS console window - just
> like any other Win32 non-console application?

> Bill Hess - Technology Resource Group

This script does the job for my project, you will just have to adjust the
pathes and file names.
Its from the Perl Cookbook.

---cut here---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#You have to insert the correct path to the file 'perl.exe' in the
following line
my $perl_path = 'e:/perl/bin';  # use a "/" instead of a "\" or use a "\\"

use strict;
use Win32;
use Win32::Process;

Win32::Process::Create($Win32::Process::Create::ProcessObj,
$perl_path."/perl.exe", 'perl edoc.pl', 0, DETACHED_PROCESS, ".") or die
print_error();

sub print_error()
{
return Win32::FormatMessage(Win32::GetLastError() );

Quote:
}

---cut here---

Ciao, thomas.

Thomas Schmickl,
Department for zoology
Karl Franzens University Graz, Austria.
Visit the GPL e:doc-project on http://members.magnet.at/hfbuch/edoc

Tue, 20 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Getting rid of the DOS console window when running a Perl program

2. Deiconifying windows in Perl/Tk Win32 (or starting without dos box)

3. Deiconifying windows in Perl/Tk Win32 (or starting without dos box)

4. a dirty solution to starting a perltk app on win32 without getting the DOS console

5. perlTK without DOS-Windows on Win32 System?

6. Perl and DOS Console on Win32

7. Howto read date from console without program wait for return key

8. The Tk window is locked when running program???

9. Perl Batch Job without DOS window popup

10. Win32: Hiding console window

11. Using Win32::Process::Create to avoid console window

12. Restart a perl program (Without re-running?)