pTk and html
Author Message
 pTk and html

I am writing an app using pTk, but want to have all of my documentation in
html and would like to integrate the user's default browser. While being
somewhat proficient with perl and hacking around in pTk, I am rather
ignorant of html and any browser interface from perl to control the
browsers. Can anybody give me some suggestions for starting points?

Cheers,
Gary Spivey

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pTk and html

Quote:

> I am writing an app using pTk, but want to have all of my documentation in
> html and would like to integrate the user's default browser. While being
> somewhat proficient with perl and hacking around in pTk, I am rather
> ignorant of html and any browser interface from perl to control the
> browsers. Can anybody give me some suggestions for starting points?

There is a perl/Tk based web browser in the CPAN distribution
NI-S/Tk-HTML-3.002.tar.gz. If you want to access netscape, you can
open remotely urls with this line of perl code:

         system("netscape -remote 'openURL($url)'&");

If you're using  Win32, I think you can get browser command from
Registry.

Regards,
        Slaven

--
use Tk;$c=tkinit->Canvas->pack;$x=45;for(split/_/,'KPI1_+09IPK_K;-OA1_+K!;A__1;
Q!7G_1+QK_3CLPI90,_+K!;A_+1!KQ!.N_K+1Q!.F_1+KN.Q__1+KN._K+1Q!.F_1+KN.Q_+1Q__+1!

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pTk and html

Quote:
> >If you're using  Win32, I think you can get browser command from
> >Registry.

> Anyone that knows how to do that (i.e. key name(s)) please tell me !

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\open\command

You can also play all sorts of games with controlling existing browser
windows,
at least for MSIE4, and I am sure the same goes for Netscape, via
Win32::OLE.

---Sergey

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pTk and html

Quote:

> >>If you're using  Win32, I think you can get browser command from
> >>Registry.

> >Anyone that knows how to do that (i.e. key name(s)) please tell me !

> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\open\command

> in my case (unfortunateley its set to MSIE), the value is:

> "D:\PROGRA~1\Plus!\MICROS~1\iexplore.exe" -nohome

I also found the "long form".. just regedit around...

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 pTk and html

This is more what I am interested in. I don't want to start a new browser
for each document, but I would like to be able to do navigation in the
browser via my perl/Tk scripts. Is this possible in UNIX and with Netscape?

Cheers,
Gary

Quote:

> > >If you're using  Win32, I think you can get browser command from
> > >Registry.

> > Anyone that knows how to do that (i.e. key name(s)) please tell me !

> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\open\command

> You can also play all sorts of games with controlling existing browser
> windows,
> at least for MSIE4, and I am sure the same goes for Netscape, via
> Win32::OLE.

> ---Sergey

Tue, 10 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ptk vs pTk vs PTK

2. X resource handling between ptk-b8 and ptk-b10

3. pTk and threads, pTk and perlcc, faq update?

4. Is there any nice editor for developing pTk written in pTk?

5. Aargh: Signal handlers crash ptk program (possible problem in ptk)!

6. pTK installation

7. Help - Need disclaimer for code/exe in pTK and p2xstd(aka perl2exe)

8. tkperl and ptk

9. references and anon subs in pTk Help!!!

10. pTK's entry value

11. perlcc and pTk

12. pTK canvas questions