Scroll Tree - ScrlTree
Author Message
 Scroll Tree - ScrlTree

Folks,

I am trying to fix a potentail 'bug' in someone's code and I have no
knowledge of Tk. What I have is a scrollable TixTree widget and I want the
scrollbar to show the selected child entity. Suppose the selected entity is
way down the list - at the bottom of the tree - the scrollbar does not go
down to the selected entity, even though it is highlighted.

I am not clear as to how I should implement this.  Any Help will be
appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Jack

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:06:10 GMT
 Scroll Tree - ScrlTree
Folks,

I am trying to fix a potentail 'bug' in someone's code and I have no
knowledge of Tk. What I have is a scrollable TixTree widget and I want the
scrollbar to show the selected child entity. Suppose the selected entity is
way down the list - at the bottom of the tree - the scrollbar does not go
down to the selected entity, even though it is highlighted.

I am not clear as to how I should implement this.  Any Help will be
appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Regards
Jack

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 07:06:34 GMT
 Scroll Tree - ScrlTree
Hi,
in one of my Perl/Tk scripts I used the following definition of a
scrolled tree:

$tree = $top -> ScrlTree( -command => \&kdo, -indicatorcmd => \&aufzu,
-itemtyp => 'imagetext', -selectbackground => 'lightgrey', -width => 25,
-height => 12, -scrollbars => 'se' ) -> pack( -expand => '1', -fill =>
'both');

Where $top is a reference to the main window, \&kdo is a reference to a
sub function wich will be executed if an tree item is selected by a
double click,
\&aufzu is a reference to a sub function wich is executed if the
indicator (the plus) before an tree item is clicked once. The
"-scrollbars => 'se' " statement
defines where the scrollbars appears, in this case 'se' stands for
south-east.
This definition is working fine.

Quote:

> Folks,

> I am trying to fix a potentail 'bug' in someone's code and I have no
> knowledge of Tk. What I have is a scrollable TixTree widget and I want the
> scrollbar to show the selected child entity. Suppose the selected entity is
> way down the list - at the bottom of the tree - the scrollbar does not go
> down to the selected entity, even though it is highlighted.

> I am not clear as to how I should implement this.  Any Help will be
> appreciated

> Thanks in Advance

> Regards
> Jack

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 04:18:21 GMT

1. Trouble with Tk::Scrolled('Tree')

2. ScrlTree list entries disappear

3. Tk::Scrolled-widget does not scroll with Cursor-Up/Down-Keys

4. A Scrolled of a Scrolled Window

5. Seeking Tree::Base or other binary tree module to avoid reinventing the wheel

6. A tree program recursing the directory tree

7. RFC Pod::Tree - tree-based POD parser

8. Needed: Script for file tree delete and file tree move

9. convert a perl tree into a C tree

10. Is there a Tree widget in perlTk that resembles the Tree widget in Tk

11. Any perl routine to move the scrolling bars of the browser ? or something to scroll...

12. Scrolled Listbox with a top label that scrolls horizontally ?