Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk
Author Message
 Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

Newbie ques.

I am trying to get to a Perl/Tk environment on my WNT4.0 workstations.

I have latest ActiveState Perl installed and running.

I know I will need various Tk modules from CPAN, but here's what I can't
figure out.

[Q] What, (if any), underlying Tk baseline environment is required?
Where can you get it?

Thanks, pmail me also if you can.

-John Haro

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:12:11 GMT
 Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

Quote:
> Newbie ques.

> I am trying to get to a Perl/Tk environment on my WNT4.0 workstations.

> I have latest ActiveState Perl installed and running.

> I know I will need various Tk modules from CPAN, but here's what I can't
> figure out.

> [Q] What, (if any), underlying Tk baseline environment is required?
> Where can you get it?

It is very simple.  In a Command Prompt window type:

        ppm install Tk

You will get so many modules, you may even get all the ones you want.

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:52:02 GMT
 Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk
Marc, thanks for responding,

You mean, when I downloaded ActiveState's std. Perl distribution, I also
got a baseline Tk library bundled in with the distribution, and now all
I have to do is install or decompress the Tk library?

If so, will this hold on reboot?

Geeze, sorry to be such a newbie on the Tk,

Thanks, John.

Quote:

> > Newbie ques.

> > I am trying to get to a Perl/Tk environment on my WNT4.0 workstations.

> > I have latest ActiveState Perl installed and running.

> > I know I will need various Tk modules from CPAN, but here's what I can't
> > figure out.

> > [Q] What, (if any), underlying Tk baseline environment is required?
> > Where can you get it?

> It is very simple.  In a Command Prompt window type:

>         ppm install Tk

> You will get so many modules, you may even get all the ones you want.

> --
> Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:54:40 GMT
 Newbie Tk install for Perl/Tk

Quote:

> You mean, when I downloaded ActiveState's std. Perl distribution, I also
> got a baseline Tk library bundled in with the distribution, and now all
> I have to do is install or decompress the Tk library?

Nope.  You got nothing whatsoever to do with Tk when you dl'ed AS.
The magic of ppm retrieves all of Tk and installs it.

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 01:38:51 GMT

1. Perl/Tk Packages (Was: RE: (More) Problems Installing Perl/Tk)

2. Newbie questions: version of tk in Perl/tk?

3. NEWBIE: How to install Perl/Tk under AIX4.3.3

4. what Tk Tk/perl Tkperl perl/Tk?

5. Tk Newbie need Tk strategy help for updating image in canvas

6. Tk Newbie need Tk strategy help for updating image in canvas

7. Clueless newbie can't install GD-1.16 / TK

8. HELP - install TK package - semi newbie :)

9. installing Tk with out installing

10. perl Tk::DragDrop (comp.lang.perl.tk has not responded)

11. Perl/TK is there a W9X binairy of Perl/TK