Fonts stuff for Text widget
Author Message
 Fonts stuff for Text widget

Quote:
>    Nick> Text can do exactly that - what it lacks are keyboard
>    Nick> bindings to make the changes. I hope to make Tk/HTML's
>    Nick> HTMLText a WYSIWYG 'HTML' authoring tool and supply these
>    Nick> bindings as one of my first real apps with perl/Tk (if I can
>    Nick> ever find time!).

>Well, even better than key bindings (those that would be good to)
>would be to write a Text::FontMenu() function that returns a menu
>loaded with the 'change region to bold' and other type functions (with
>the appropriate key-strokes listed of course).  Then all a
>app-designer would have to do is call that menu and place the returned
>menu in the menu-bar.

Reasonable.

Conceptually it will work like this:

1. 'select' a region - using any of current methods.
2. invoke one of attribute change "methods"
    - either via "hot key", or from a menu
   method does $w->tagAdd('X','sel.first','sel.last');
   where 'X' is tag already associated with attribute.

Quote:

--

Sun, 16 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Fonts stuff for Text widget
Ilya Zakharevich writes on 28-FEB-1996 18:29:19.66:

Quote:
>One may also have a look on a demo in eText widget (CPAN!). It may be
>appropriate (=bug-freeish) for inclusion into standard distrib soon.

>Ilya

There was going to be some mention of etext in the next version of the pTk FAQ.

By the way Ilya - do you have Tk running on OS/2 ?
Any hints or advice you could lend would be appreciated.

Peter Prymmer

--

Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Fonts stuff for Text widget

Quote:

> By the way Ilya - do you have Tk running on OS/2 ?
> Any hints or advice you could lend would be appreciated.

I got the volume 9 of devcon today, maybe I will try to use DAPI to
port the windows stuff. I need it badly, but not going to spend a lot
of time on this.

Ilya

--

Mon, 17 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extracting font size ONLY from text widget with -cget

2. Q: representing 0 font with characters in text widget

3. Tk::Text text width with non-fixed fonts

4. FileSelect Widget - Font

5. Changing font in Label widget

6. Getting a font of a widget

7. Q: Changing Text-Color in Text-Widget?

8. text formatting in a Text widget

9. Displaying text formats in a text widget...

10. fitting text in Text widget

11. best way to save text in Text widget

12. text in a Text widget