Runtime exception error, PerlApp
Author Message
 Runtime exception error, PerlApp

    I have the latest available 5.6x version of Perl for Win32, and the
Activestate Development kit 3.0.  I ran PPM VERIFY, to confirm that the latest
modules are installed.

    When using PerlApp to generate an executable that uses the Tk menu module,
immediately after the status line

        Adding Binary: C:/Perl/lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.dll,

    there's an error message:

        Error: Runtime exception,

    but no further detail.

    Has anyone had a similar problem?

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:43:05 GMT
 Runtime exception error, PerlApp

Quote:

>     I have the latest available 5.6x version of Perl for Win32, and the
> Activestate Development kit 3.0.  I ran PPM VERIFY, to confirm that the latest
> modules are installed.
>     When using PerlApp to generate an executable that uses the Tk menu module,
> immediately after the status line
>         Adding Binary: C:/Perl/lib/auto/POSIX/POSIX.dll,
>     there's an error message:
>         Error: Runtime exception,
>     but no further detail.
>     Has anyone had a similar problem?

    I'm seeing the same error right after the line

        .
        .
        .
Adding Binary: c:/Programs/perl5.6/site/lib/auto/Win32API/File/File.dll
Error: Runtime exception

    An .EXE is produced, and it runs to the extent that it produces
    a 'usage' message, but I haven't tested full functionality yet.
    I haven't verified that I have the latest versions of the
    packages I'm using, but I'm not sure that should be necessary.
    I did upgrade to build 628 but that did not help.

    I just tried adding '-verbose' to the perlapp command line and
    find that the script exits (apparently successfully) at the same
    point without the error message.

--
Hank Barta                            White Oak Software Inc.

                Beautiful Sunny Winfield, Illinois

Mon, 05 Jan 2004 21:45:46 GMT

1. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

2. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

3. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

4. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...

5. Error: Runtime Exception <-- on longrunning sub

6. Error: Runtime Exception <-- on longrunning sub

7. Error: Runtime exception

8. Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

9. gdwin32 doesn't appear to work (Runtime Exception)

10. runtime exception in activestate perl when using modules

11. Pattern match causing runtime exception

12. Intermitent 'Runtime exception', Why?