-setgrid option on Tk::Text
Author Message
 -setgrid option on Tk::Text

Hi,

I found this option on one of the many books I have but none of them
have any explanation about its function.

Searching Deja and the perldoc didn't help. Does anyone have any info or
examples?

TIA,
Mike.

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:40:29 GMT
 -setgrid option on Tk::Text

Quote:
> Hi,

> I found this option on one of the many books I have but none of them
> have any explanation about its function.

It is documented in Tk::options manpage.

        Name: setGrid
        Class: SetGrid
        Switch: -setgrid

        Specifies a boolean value that determines whether this widget
        controls the resizing grid for its top-level window.  This option
        is typically used in text widgets, where the information in the
        widget has a natural size (the size of a character) and it makes
        sense for the window's dimensions to be integral numbers of these
        units.  These natural window sizes form a grid.  If the setGrid
        option is set to true then the widget will communicate with the
        window manager so that when the user interactively resizes the
        top-level window that contains the widget, the dimensions of the
        window will be displayed to the user in grid units and the window
        size will be constrained to integral numbers of grid units.  See
        GRIDDED GEOMETRY MANAGEMENT in the Tk::Wm manpage for more details.

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:05:01 GMT

1. Text widget's setgrid option

2. Tk-Options-0.10: Interface to Getopt::Long and Tk

3. Text Wrapping Options

4. GD:Graph:Pie option on text location

5. How to Read text file into program with menu options

6. Color Coding Text in a Tk::Text Widget

7. Text Widget Index Options

8. scrollbars, Tk::Text, large text

9. Help with pulling text out of a Tk::Text

10. TK::Text - Inserting text

11. set tabs option in text widget?

12. Tk::Text text width with non-fixed fonts