fileevent ??s
Author Message
 fileevent ??s

 Hello-

I'm trying to build a GUI that monitors the output of a command.

Here's the overall design
-From a Main Window launch a new window ( A run window) with a text area
  and three buttons
   Run : Launches the command
   Kill : Kills the command while it's running
   Close: Close the run window

  Text area prints out  STDOUT and STDERR .

-The run window should remain active while the command is running so the
user can hit the Kill button.

I have been trying to use fileevent to do this. I found the tktail
example in the FAQ and pieced together some code based on this example.
But I get the following error once the command is no longer
sending anything to STDOUT or STDERR

Modification of a read-only value attempted at
/usr/lib/perl-5.004/lib/site_perl/Tk/Event/IO.pm line 115.

The error occurs when the line
$rw->fileevent(CMDPIPE, 'readable', "");
is executed.

Part of the problem is I have no idea what this line is doing. I thought
this command closed CMDPIPE.

If I use fileevent how do get the run window to stay active while the
command is running and when the command is completed

--
Tigger
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pritchet

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:15:49 GMT

1. Storable, and Tk::fileevent, help Please

2. Parent/Child Tk::fileevent & very confused

3. Tk::fileevent eating all my CPU cycles

4. Does fileevent work in win32?

5. fileevent on win98

6. fileevent not working in Perl Tk for NT

7. Help Help fileevent in WINNT

8. fileevent with sockets in WINNT

9. fileevent (tcl) under perl?

10. Help using fileevent with readline in PerlTk

11. Tk::fileevent() bug???

12. Tk fileevent and non-blocking output