how to have canvas scale NOT scroll
Author Message
 how to have canvas scale NOT scroll

I have a canvas with horizontal scroll (no vert scroll yet) on which I
successfully draw a graph. How do I create a data scale on left (or maybe
right) that will stay put, ie, not horiz scroll? I cannot put frames inside
of canvases (plural of canvas sp?, hmmmm). Do I need two frames, each with
its own canvas?  But then, what happens if I do add vert scrolling? A
general outline would be appreciated.
--
{*filter*} Penny

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 01:13:39 GMT
 how to have canvas scale NOT scroll

Quote:

> I have a canvas with horizontal scroll (no vert scroll yet) on which I
> successfully draw a graph. How do I create a data scale on left (or maybe
> right) that will stay put, ie, not horiz scroll? I cannot put frames inside
> of canvases (plural of canvas sp?, hmmmm). Do I need two frames, each with
> its own canvas?  But then, what happens if I do add vert scrolling? A
> general outline would be appreciated.

You can place() one canvas over another canvas. For the scrolling,
just use "manual" scrolling without Scrolled(). The horizontal
scrollbar would only effect scrolling of the graph canvas, while you
have to adjust the vertical scrollbar to scroll both canvases. For
simultaneous scrolling of two widgets, see an earlier thread in this
group.

Regards,
        Slaven

--

Dump a Tk canvas as an xfig file:
        http://search.cpan.org/search?mode=module&query=Tk::CanvasFig

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 03:58:55 GMT

1. Perl/TK scrolled canvas scale IMAGE function???

2. Perl/TK scrolled canvas scale zoom NOOP?

3. Canvas->Scale and Tk::Scale conflict?

4. tying a widget in one canvas to the scrolling of another canvas

5. Scale widget as scroll bar possible

6. Tk::Scrolled-widget does not scroll with Cursor-Up/Down-Keys

7. How to scale canvas coordinates?

8. scaling canvas items

9. Scaling text on a canvas

10. Tk::Canvas scale question

11. Zooming in a canvas with the scale method

12. Scaling in the canvas