Solaris make for perl/Tk
Author Message
 Solaris make for perl/Tk

Quote:

>Thanks to all who have written suggesting things which should be done.
>First, a virtual complete make on a plain vanilla SUN seems to be ok=20
>if one removes ``#include <stdio>'' from certain programs.
>Here they are:
>tkCanvArc.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd*/
>tkCanvImg.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd */
>tkCanvLine.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd*/
>tkCanvPoly.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd*/
>tkCanvPs.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd*/
>tkCanvText.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd */
>tkCanvWind.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd */
>tkRectOval.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd*/
>tkTrig.c:/*#include <stdio.h>cwd */

Thanks for trying that. Will you _PLEASE_ tell me which version of Sun
compiler you are using.

It has also become clear in last day or so that invoking Sun compiler
as /usr/ucb/cc DOES NOT WORK for perl.
However using /opt/SUNspro/bin/cc DOES WORK.

Quite why ucb compiler does not work I am unsure. It seems to put compiler
in some non-ANSI "compatibility" mode, but Sun's own /usr/include fails
with these options. *Perhaps* if you Configure perl to use /usr/ucb/include
it *might* work. I don't recommend that Solaris isn't UCB it is SVR4 and things
will work best if you build it that way.

So if

which cc

Shows 'ucb' try this:

cd .../perl5.002
make distclean
Configure -der -O -Dcc=/opt/SUNspro/bin/cc
make
make test
make install
cd .../Tk-b11.02
perl Makefile.PL
make

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Solaris make for perl/Tk

NO!  Don't use /usr/ucb anything on Solaris.  The software is broken - don't
just believe me - check the Solaris FAQ.  We have found for 5 yrs that
programs compiled with /usr/ucb/cc break.
--

<URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> is here! <*> O-

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problems making perl-tk on Solaris

2. Making signals reliable in Perl 4.036 on Solaris 2.x

3. Newbie: Don′t know how making perl 5.002 under Solaris

4. Perl Tk making toplevel windows

5. Making a Perl/Tk standalone executable

6. Making perl/tk application compiled.

7. Making an exe out of a perl/tk script

8. Making a Perl/Tk executable

9. uperl.o for Solaris, if that makes sense

10. making perl5.001 under Solaris 2.4

11. Trouble Making DBI-1.21 on Solaris 8

12. fixes I made for sfio on Solaris 2.6