ptk/Win32 - Runtime exception
Author Message
 ptk/Win32 - Runtime exception

Thanks - for the moment my problems has disappeared .. I did in fact close
and open some files, and with a sleep(1) after the close (which really
isn't much of a delay) the problem seems to have been solved.

But! (and this is for the list:)

Does this mean that my "Error: Runtime exception" is not a perl/tk error
but a perl error? And what can be done about it (I hate to think that I
have to use a sleep everytime I do a close)?

/Henning

Quote:
>I've had this trouble when a file is opened and closed over the network.
>Sometimes a new file isn't ready to be read right after it is closed and I
>will get this exception.  It is sporadic because of the amount of network
>traffic at the time it is running.  I put a sleep in after closing a file I
>am then going to immediately open.  HTH

>Janeen

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ptk/Win32 - Runtime exception

--simple boundary

Thanks - for the moment my problems has disappeared .. I did in fact close
and open some files, and with a sleep(1) after the close (which really
isn't much of a delay) the problem seems to have been solved.

But! (and this is for the list:)

Does this mean that my "Error: Runtime exception" is not a perl/tk error
but a perl error? And what can be done about it (I hate to think that I
have to use a sleep everytime I do a close)?

/Henning

Quote:
>I've had this trouble when a file is opened and closed over the network.
>Sometimes a new file isn't ready to be read right after it is closed and I
>will get this exception.  It is sporadic because of the amount of network
>traffic at the time it is running.  I put a sleep in after closing a file I
>am then going to immediately open.  HTH

>Janeen

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

2. Error : Runtime exception with Win32::ODBC

3. gdwin32 doesn't appear to work (Runtime Exception)

4. EventLog Gets Runtime Exception Error

5. HELP! Runtime Exception Error

6. runtime exception in activestate perl when using modules

7. Error : Runtime exception with win32Api...

8. Pattern match causing runtime exception

9. Intermitent 'Runtime exception', Why?

10. DBD-ODBC connect gives runtime exception

11. Runtime exception problem.

12. Runtime exception driving me crazy