Non-printable characters in Text widget
Author Message
 Non-printable characters in Text widget

After discovering a chr(0) will terminate text in the Text widget, I took a
look at what it does with other non-printable characters.

use Tk;
$mw = new MainWindow();
$t = $mw->Scrolled("Text")->pack;
$output = "";
for ($i=1;$i<=255;$i++) {
        $output .= "$i=" . chr($i) . "\n";

Quote:
}

$t->insert("end",$output);
MainLoop();

My question is: is there a way to tell the Text widget to simply ignore
non-printable characters instead of escaping and displaying?

Thanks!
Dustin

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Thu, 10 Jul 2003 15:36:58 GMT
 Non-printable characters in Text widget
Dustin,

I do not know. What's about removing or replacing such characters in the
string, first?

Michael

Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:50:48 GMT

1. replacing non-printable characters

2. converting non-printable characters

3. how do I print a non printable character

4. pattern matching and non-printable characters

5. REGEX for non-printable chars

6. Non-breaking space in text widget?

7. Q: representing 0 font with characters in text widget

8. How do I get rid of ^M (non printable?) characters?

9. Tk::Text text width with non-fixed fonts

10. Q: Changing Text-Color in Text-Widget?

11. text formatting in a Text widget

12. How update text in text widget when executing some other callback