Making an exe out of a perl/tk script
Author Message
 Making an exe out of a perl/tk script

Is there any way (other then perl2exe) to create a windows exe from a perl/tk
script.

Thanks,
Louis

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:20:21 GMT
 Making an exe out of a perl/tk script
You can download a trial copy of ActiveState's Dev Kit (or buy it), which
includes something called PerlApp (I think that's what it's called).  It
worked for me.  You may have to modify your main script if you use packages
that use widgets not in your main script.  Basically, any widget used in any
other packages must be 'use'd in the main script to get it to work.

See www.activestate.com for more info.

Regards,

Dan

Quote:
> Is there any way (other then perl2exe) to create a windows exe from a
perl/tk
> script.

> Thanks,
> Louis

eb  -----
>   http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
groups
>    NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam.  If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email

Thu, 25 Dec 2003 22:55:40 GMT
 Making an exe out of a perl/tk script
Quote:

>Is there any way (other then perl2exe) to create a windows exe from a perl/tk
>script.

                        .
                        .
                        .
"Compiling Perl/Tk Scripts"
aims to answer precisely that question.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Mon, 29 Dec 2003 06:12:57 GMT

1. Making a FREE .exe from perl

2. Converting Tk scripts to .exe

3. Making .exe in NT

4. Win32: creating standalone perl.exe and interp.exe (no DLLs)

5. Executing perl script with perl.exe wants to download file

6. Time outs and exit codes

7. Sockets, Time-outs, and Alarms

8. Perl Tk making toplevel windows

9. Making a Perl/Tk standalone executable

10. Problems making perl-tk on Solaris

11. Making perl/tk application compiled.

12. Making a Perl/Tk executable