Binding - which widget to use?
Author Message
 Binding - which widget to use?

Hi.

        In my current project (I just started using Perl/Tk), I'd like to
have a dialog box pop up for confirmation of an action, and have ENTER and
ESCAPE bound to the appropriate buttons (YES and NO, or whatever they
happen to be.)  I've searched a few places, and it looks like it can be
done with some combination of bind and Subwidget.

        My questions, which widget should I use for the dialog box:
Dialog, DialogBox, messageBox, or something completely different?
[It's...] How are they different?  (it looks like one of them is derived
from another, no?)  And where can I find documentation for the Subwidget
method?

        Thanks for any help, folks.

Jamie Kufrovich
--
Egg, eggie (at) sunlink (dot) net
(when replying, please use this address, not the one in the header

{*filter*}Code:                      | Perl Geek Code, version .01:
FMSp3am/MSp3am A- C+ D H+ M+    | P+>+++ P6- R M>+ O->++ MA+
P+++ R+ T W Z+ Sp#/p++ RL->CT        | PU- BD C X? n o G Ee Ev- uL++
a+ cl++ d? e++ f h* i+ j p+ sm+ |

Tue, 22 Mar 2005 04:40:38 GMT

1. $widget->bind returns one binding only

2. bind Ev problem with listbox widget

3. newbie help with anonymous subroutine syntax for text widget key binding

4. Binding to widget focus changes

5. Bind command on ComboEntry widget

6. Binding event to entry widget

7. overriding default right mouse button binding for text widget

8. Text widget and mouse bindings

9. binding PageUp and PageDown to a text widget

10. binding an anonymous subroutine to a Button widget

11. Mouse Click Bind for an Entry Widget

12. Binding a widget class.