What is TK?
Author Message
 What is TK?

        Any gurus out there can tell me what is tk, pls? I am a novice.
        Cheers.

michael.

Mon, 06 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 What is TK?

Quote:

>         Any gurus out there can tell me what is tk, pls? I am a novice.
>         Cheers.

> michael.

See the FAQ:
http://w4.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/ptkFAQ.html
1. What is perl/Tk?

Perl/Tk (also known as pTk or ptk) is a collection of modules and code
that
attempts to wed the easily configured Tk 4 widget toolkit to the
powerful
lexigraphic, dynamic memory, I/O, and object-oriented capabilities of
Perl 5.
In other words, it is an interpreted scripting language for making
widgets
and programs with Graphical User Interfaces (GUI). (Examples of widget
programs
[not necessarily written in perl/Tk] include xterm, xclock, most
web-browsers, etc.. They are programs with "GUI" interfaces of one sort
or
another and are subject to the effects of your window manager.)

Jerry

Tue, 07 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. what Tk Tk/perl Tkperl perl/Tk?

2. Who am I? What am I doing? (looking for input)

3. Tk::After's repeat erroring? What am I missing?

4. Class::Contract - what am I doing wrong?

5. ppm fails now that I am on perl 5.6

6. Closure and Lexicals: Am I confused?

7. Help hashes...... I am lost

8. I am still a Virgin!

9. newbie-perl or why am i blind to this simple

10. I am a perl beginner

11. I Am Very Sorry!!!