How to create a 'BACK'-Button
Author Message
 How to create a 'BACK'-Button

Im very sorry, if this was posted before ! But I didn`t found anything
fitting.

I just started to learn Perl/TK and I got 2 (good ?) Books and an online
tutorial.
Now - while Im creating my first TK-Prog.- Im missing some facts about a
(callback)-Back-Button.

My Prog. containing the MainWindow and the appendanted sub-functions.
Now I want to offer a button, to go back to the MainWindow.
But how to do ???

Isolved the Problem by creating a START-Window, with only Start (callback
on MainWindow)
and Exit- function, so the MainWindow is just a sub-function, wich I can
callback easily. But I guess
that`s not the proper Way of  "talking" PERL/TK ?!?!

So how to callback the MainWindow from its own script or subfunction ?

THX a lot

sincerly yours
Michael Korte

---------
"Why am I - and if - how much ???" *g*

GOATRANCEDANCE and more....         http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 07 May 2004 21:04:53 GMT
 How to create a 'BACK'-Button

Quote:

>Im very sorry, if this was posted before ! But I didn`t found anything
>fitting.

>I just started to learn Perl/TK and I got 2 (good ?) Books and an online
>tutorial.
>Now - while Im creating my first TK-Prog.- Im missing some facts about a
>(callback)-Back-Button.

>My Prog. containing the MainWindow and the appendanted sub-functions.
>Now I want to offer a button, to go back to the MainWindow.
>But how to do ???

>Isolved the Problem by creating a START-Window, with only Start (callback
>on MainWindow)
>and Exit- function, so the MainWindow is just a sub-function, wich I can
>callback easily. But I guess
>that`s not the proper Way of  "talking" PERL/TK ?!?!

>So how to callback the MainWindow from its own script or subfunction ?

                        .
                        .
                        .
Do you want to raise the MainWindow, and return focus
there, or do you have something in mind at the level
of program variables?  All program variables, from
any Window, are equally accessible through your source
code.
--

Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net
Personal:  http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html

Sun, 09 May 2004 02:41:45 GMT

1. Redirection but no 'Back'

2. How to bind 'Back Space' event

3. Theoretical 'Help Button' Module

4. Can Perl mimic browser 'Back' button?

5. CGI.pm creates hidden field '.cgifields'

6. Requirements to 'mortal'ise variables created within XS extensions

7. Back to the bad ()'s question

8. Can't get size value back when using $ftp->size

9. Mysql.pm doesn't get good $dbh back from DBI _new_handle, apparently

10. Back quotes don't seem to work well in Win32

11. From the clp.announce moderator: I'm back

12. Any good back-up mod's?