action without X event
Author Message
 action without X event

Is there any way to define a default action to start without giving an
X event.  Here's the situation:  The program starts with a title window.
If a command file exists, then process the file, executing the commands,
and then exit.  If there is not command file, then get info from the
window, and execute.

Getting the start command from the window is easy, but how can I run the
default commands without any window input?

Thanks,
--
Weston Beal                Signal Integrity Engineer

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"

Tue, 17 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 action without X event

Quote:
>Is there any way to define a default action to start without giving an
>X event.  Here's the situation:  The program starts with a title window.
>If a command file exists, then process the file, executing the commands,
>and then exit.  If there is not command file, then get info from the
>window, and execute.

>Getting the start command from the window is easy, but how can I run the
>default commands without any window input?

>Thanks,
>--
>Weston Beal                Signal Integrity Engineer

>"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing"

This sounds like a need for calling the ->fileevent() method - read up in
doc/fileevent.htm or try the web at:

   http://w4.lns.cornell.edu/~pvhp/ptk/doc/fileevent.htm

Good luck.

Peter Prymmer

Wed, 18 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Newbie: Calling a Perl script from an HTML page without user action

2. How to send an event without taint checking?

3. POE 0.11: event driven state machines, also supports Perl/Tk and Event

4. HTML::Parser 3.07 text events vs token events

5. Processing other events while waiting for an event to happen

6. acting on non event-oriented events

7. file events vs. window events

8. Can't load 'C:/perl/site/lib/auto/Tk/Event/Event.dll' for module Tk::Event:

9. Several actions in the same time

10. ***WHO IS AGENT ACTION!?***

11. SIGALRM action?