Problem to show a progress bar working
Author Message
 Problem to show a progress bar working

Hello,

in my program, i create the main window with just a menu.
In that menu, i can choose a sub-prog , which is making a long calcul on a
text's file.
This sub-prog create a top_level window to show the results.
During this calcul moment, i want to show in this result_window a progress
bar becoming biger as the calcul is nearer to finish.
But all the widgets in this window results doesnt appear.
They all appear when the traitement is finished and of course, the progress
bar is full.

How can i show these widgets while the traitement is going on?

Thanks

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 06:15:09 GMT
 Problem to show a progress bar working

Quote:
> Hello,

> in my program, i create the main window with just a menu.
> In that menu, i can choose a sub-prog , which is making a long calcul on a
> text's file.
> This sub-prog create a top_level window to show the results.
> During this calcul moment, i want to show in this result_window a progress
> bar becoming biger as the calcul is nearer to finish.
> But all the widgets in this window results doesnt appear.
> They all appear when the traitement is finished and of course, the progress
> bar is full.

> How can i show these widgets while the traitement is going on?

Periodically during your calculations, execute $mw->update .

--
Marc Dashevsky  (remove "_" from address to reply by e-mail)

Tue, 29 Jul 2003 14:25:57 GMT

1. Problems with pTk "progress" bar

2. Using Perl/Tk Progress Bar

3. Oracle DBD needs progress bar

4. An ascii progress bar!

5. How to lower a progress bar ?

6. Incrementing progress bar in the background?

7. a progress bar in a toplevel

8. Progress bar

9. Progress Bar & tftp

10. Progress bar

11. dynamic Progress Bar

12. Calling external programs with a progress bar.