Text Widget Scroll Design Question
Author Message
 Text Widget Scroll Design Question

Hi All

One thing I have noticed in the behavior of the Text
widgets is this -

I have two text widgets in an application.

I have the xscroll command set to a subroutine which
scrolls both text widgets simultaneously so the text
widgets are tied together.

It works beautifully unless scrolling is initiated by a mouse
selection and a drag off the edge of the text widget.
In this case, only the text widget with the mouse selection is
scrolled.  In other words, when I select text with the mouse, and
drag the mouse off the edge of the text widget, the widget
scrolls automatically to uncover the data off of the edge
of the widget, but the other (tied) text widget is not scrolled with
it.

Is this a bug or is this the design??

Is there a way to force both text widgets to scroll
together using the mouse selection???

Monty

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Monty Scroggins??? MCI Telecommunications

vnet: 766-1573?????? 972.729.1573

Those are my principles....
If you dont like them I have others..
-Groucho Marx

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Text Widget Scroll Design Question

Quote:

>It works beautifully unless scrolling is initiated by a mouse
>selection and a drag off the edge of the text widget.
>In this case, only the text widget with the mouse selection is
>scrolled.  In other words, when I select text with the mouse, and
>drag the mouse off the edge of the text widget, the widget
>scrolls automatically to uncover the data off of the edge
>of the widget, but the other (tied) text widget is not scrolled with
>it.

>Is this a bug or is this the design??

It is a bug in the design ;-)

It might be possible to make drag-select vector though the scrollbar interface.
Patches welcome, or I will look at when I remember and have time ;-)

Quote:

>Is there a way to force both text widgets to scroll
>together using the mouse selection???

>Monty

>_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
>Monty Scroggins??? MCI Telecommunications

>vnet: 766-1573?????? 972.729.1573

>Those are my principles....
>If you dont like them I have others..
>-Groucho Marx

Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.

Fri, 06 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Horizontal scrolling on Text widget

2. Auto-scrolling Text widgets

3. Resizing Scrolled Text Box/Embedded Widgets

4. Resizing Scrolled Text widget

5. Scrolling text widget

6. scrolled Text widgets

7. How to pipe STDOUT into a Scrolled text widget

8. Text color in my scrolled->Listbox widget

9. how to scroll text widget to show window?

10. how to scroll text widget to show window?

11. scrolling a text widget from the program???

12. Blinking scrollbar in Scrolled Text widget