Redirecting output to Text Widget
Author Message
 Redirecting output to Text Widget

Is there a way to redirect the STDOUT and STDERR to a text widget
without pauses between updates?

For example, I have a perl script that untars a VERY large directory.
I would like the output written to a text widget without waiting for the
entire tar to complete.

--
Tigger

"The wonderful thing about Tiggers is,
   Tiggers are wonderful things!"

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 04:28:38 GMT

1. Text->insert delayed output to text widget

2. redirecting STDOUT and STDERR into a text widget

3. (Newbie) Redirecting STDOUT to a Text widget

4. Redirecting stderr to a scrolling text widget

5. redirecting STDOUT and STDERR into a text widget

6. how to redirect output (to text-file)

7. TkPerl: Executable output to Text Widget

8. displaying job output in a text widget

9. How to flush output to Text widget?

10. How to redirect STDOUT/STDERR output in a Tk::Text widget ?

11. Tied handle READ (Was: How to redirect STDOUT/STDERR output in a Tk::Text widget ?)

12. Q: Changing Text-Color in Text-Widget?