beginner question
Author Message
 beginner question

Hi,

I have a little script that works on one machine but not another:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Tk;

my $main = MainWindow->new;
$main->Label(-text => 'Hi there')->pack;
$main->Button(-text => 'Quit',
              -command => \&cleanup
             )->pack;
MainLoop;

sub cleanup {
    print STDERR "cleanup entered\n";
    exit 0;

Quote:
}

##########################

That's the entire script.  On the machine that it doesn't work
on, the script appears when invoked, but mouse clicks over the
button have no effect.  The machine is running Linux 2.0.30
(Slackware), and I belive the Tk module came directly off the CD
(ie, has not been downloaded recently).  I have looked through
some of the documentation without finding anything to describe
this.  Has anyone else had a problem like this?

Any suggestions to the cause of this behavoir will be appreciated.
Thanks.

-Victor Cassen

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. beginners question on $_

2. beginners question on $_

3. 2 beginners questions

4. Beginner question - re: cats, pipes and <>'s

5. sorting associtive array,beginners question

6. A Beginners question on FTP

7. beginner question

8. Some silly beginner questions

9. Concatenate Stylesheets (Beginner question)

10. PREL Beginner Questions...

11. beginner question

12. Beginner question